Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the best for the money? About to install a juice w/attitude.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the AFE air intake stage 2 magnium flow. I would also upgrade to the better air filter.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the AFE air intake stage 2 magnium flow. I would also upgrade to the better air filter.
Yeah thats a must, also my sig. is wrong my bad. Its a drop in filter not an intake.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is the pipe from the factory filter to the turbo the same size as the after market pipe on these expensive intakes?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I would say S&B. Replaces everything up to the turbo and uses 8 layer filter.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
it's about the same size. but take the tube off and you will see that it's already pretty smooth on the inside, and imo the tube isn't gonna get you any better mpg...unless someone can prove otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
you cant beat the Icebox for durabilty and flow and it comes with a money back gaurantee that if you dont like it for any reason you will get your money back

John:thumbsup

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
I love my AEM, If Sammy wouldnt have hooked me up, I would have gone with Jbarker and the IceBox:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
you cant beat the Icebox for durabilty and flow and it comes with a money back gaurantee that if you dont like it for any reason you will get your money back

Yeah I'd go with John on this one. I just bought an Amsoil filter from him to replace my K&N filter because the Amsoil is dry with better filtration. I believe the Icebox already comes with the Amsoil filter in it. Plus, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
The Nanofiber filter is probably the best filter out there for filtration (2 microns). The only issue we have had with them is with trucks producing high H/P #'s like over 600+ because they filter the air so darn good that they will not flow the big air these trucks need, and the filters will restrict flow. it isnt about boost#'s either it is about CFM of air flow, flow makes power not boost. so you have to ask yourself what is more important to you excellent filtration or high air flow. there is a fine line between the 2 and Icebox will supply whatever filter you need. i will recommend for 90% of the applications the nanofiber filter the other 10% will need a filter that filters less but flows more.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys looks like i might go with the S&B!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
You cant go wrong with S&B! great product and customer service!

·
Registered
180 Posts
S&B is great for the price!:thumbsup

·
Registered
941 Posts
S&B gets my vote!!:beer

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love my Afe Stage 2. It is a compleat intake and sounds great and rlly lets my cummins breathe

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do like the looks of the brute force HD but they are pricey

1 - 20 of 31 Posts