Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an intake with the dry filter set up. Obviously I want more air but I don't want to compromise filtration either. My truck is new and I don't wanna dust her. Please let me know the skinny on the intakes. Thx!:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i would get a cool hose or a torque tube and put a amsoil nanofiber filter on it. works great and dosent cost as much as 3 tanks of diesel.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
...or you could go with an AEM BruteForce HD, more expensive than what Tex mentioned but looks and sounds good and hads good filtration. I found mine for ~$287.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
not a bad choice either.

what is your budget on this intake? that will help alot

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i like the ICEBOX w/ the amsoil nanofiber filter..........im in construction .....gets very dusty.....evry week i take it out .the filter that is......and blow it out w/ a air compressor.........and a whistler i go!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
any BHAF would be good save money and works just as good

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
injen has a setup thats sick. has a nice looking box/tubing ...and even has a velocity stack in it.....also comes with the amsoil dry filter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't really have a budget in mind. I was more4 concerned with performance and filtration. I have a smarty on 3 and lookin into an exhaust too. I need more air. Heard good things re:dry filters. BTW, I'm in construction too and hence my concerns for filtration. I like the AEM filter covers too.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
ive never seen dust or dirt,,,,,,in my torque tube or in the turbo.....not even in the box itself..........nanofiber filter kicks A$$

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
a BHAF is a tight fit in a 3rd gen. amsoil now has pre-filters, i got one for my 4510

my silicon was 25 on my last UOA with 11k on the oil. running a cool hose with a 4510. I have now added a pre-filter to it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
yes its safe and for under $500 its at the top of the $$$ list but sure a nice intake

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
y r u selling the AEM Brute Force Intake?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
r the Injen set ups all that? They claim to be factory tuned within air/fuel mixture ratios... Anyone install one of these?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow that

Injen is super expense. I really do like the look of that AEM BruteForce Intake! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just installed my Icebox last week. Looks good and sounds great! Any improvement in mileage has actually decreased though, cause I love gettin on it and listenin to the whistle! Im gettin over that though (a little!)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Icebox huh? What made you go that route? So many choices of Diesel Bling!:lol3:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 97 Posts