Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Which 'air intake tube'?

849 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  AH64ID
I've been running the intermediate tube (between the airbox & turbo elbows) without the internal baffles but it doesn't seem like a very elegant way to do it. I'm wondering about the Airaid replacement or the DPP Cool Hose. I can appreciate the smooth air flow of the 'Cool Hose' but using the Airaid would keep the guide vanes in the stock turbo elbow.

I'm kinda leaning to the Airaid to keep my system looking somewhat stock (I still have a warranty if that means anything anymore) plus it's a little less $$$. I'd rather not fashion a 'Willies Whistler' at this time.

I'm otherwise happy with the Amsoil air filter in the stock box so I don't wanna replace the whole system but I'd be interested to know people's thoughts about the tube. TIA.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
I was a little scared to cut open the stock tube also but there is a thread on here about using a 8" piece of 5" exhaust pipe. I got a piece from carquest for $15 bucks and painted black. Its been on for 3 months now with no problems. It makes the turbo sound a little louder and I got about .3 mpg increase.

· Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I've been running the intermediate tube (between the airbox & turbo elbows) without the internal baffles but it doesn't seem like a very elegant way to do it. I'm wondering about the Airaid replacement or the DPP Cool Hose. I can appreciate the smooth air flow of the 'Cool Hose' but using the Airaid would keep the guide vanes in the stock turbo elbow.

I'm kinda leaning to the Airaid to keep my system looking somewhat stock (I still have a warranty if that means anything anymore) plus it's a little less $$$. I'd rather not fashion a 'Willies Whistler' at this time.

I'm otherwise happy with the Amsoil air filter in the stock box so I don't wanna replace the whole system but I'd be interested to know people's thoughts about the tube. TIA.
What did you end up doing?

I just ordered an airaid for the same reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.