Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my truck this past fall and im ready to start adding some mods. What I wanna know is what air dog pump to put on my truck with the mods i plan on adding in the future. I just ordered a set of gauges...egt booste and fuel pressure. I plan on ditching my d-box and getting a smarty and later stacking the smarty with a quadzilla. Im gonna stick with the stock vp44. When i have the money i plan on going with a different turbo possibly twins . My tranny is fine as of now and it does already have a aftermarket clutch. So really what i wanna know is what size air dog pump do i need to support all the fuel that the smarty and the quadzilla will be able to deliver. Also if you have and suggestions to what I should do modification wise Im open to ideas....thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A 100 will support that and more. If you think you might want go crazy with other mods later you could go with the 150 for insurance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check out the FASS platnium 150 its this best value on the market IMHO/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking a air dog 150. If i get this lift pump what types of pressures should i be seeing at idle and at WOT.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Go with a AirDog 100. It will do everything you need it to do. The install is much easier too.
They run about 15 out of the box, but the kit comes with a slightly heavier spring that makes it run about 17. I like to run the higher pressure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay well what fuel pressure should I see?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the 150 on mine and it works perfectly. I maintain 16 psi all the time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a long bed

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
i see 18 at idle and 5 to 0 wide open,still cant figure that out

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's strange, mine never goes below 12 no matter how hard I'm on it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My FASS has never been below 15. If it ever went below 14 I would be upping the pressure. It run 18-19 at idle with a new filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am about to get a airdog 100..any installation tips?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Install is simple on the AirDog 100. The main tips I would have would be more vehicle specific. Every truck is a little different tips for one truck may not relate to the next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.