Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to know where did you drill EXACTLY into your exhaust manifold or other various spots(such as post turbo). Pics would help.

Also how did you keep the shavings out of the turbo???

· Registered
316 Posts
yea tell me abt it!! lol! i drilled right in the center!!? oh well its been holding up fine for almost 2 yrs. and someone actually told me they reccomend to do it bc it equalizes manifold?? who knows?!

· Registered
1,212 Posts
Mines not between the turbo, thats the oil line for the turbo, the pyro is the little silver fitting on the right of the picture in the exhaust manifold.

· Registered
57 Posts
not to steal the tread but what is the difference between putting it in the manifold or post turbo, besides about a couple hundred degrees? i would think the closer to the turbo the better since you dont want to burn up the bearings in it. Any usefull thoughts?

· Registered
273 Posts
I've been told the back 3 cyl's run hotter than the front 3 - so I put mine in the back portion of my manifold

· Registered
1,025 Posts
you COULD burn a pyro probe up if you got it hot enough and suck the remains through your turbo and cause some damage, mine is after the turbo, everyone says its around 200 degrees cooler

· Premium Member
4,719 Posts
melt the probe WOW!!! i'd hate to see the pistons after that amount of heat...... im guessing you'd have to hit 2500* before the probe even thought about melting, which is much much past what the pistons, head, manifold, or turbo will take

· Registered
1,025 Posts
i also thought the same thing but the performance shop i took advice from seemed convinced that it had happened before lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.