Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, already got my a-pillar filled up with em... :lol3: wanting to add a few more and they are either gonna go in an overhead mount by the rearview mirror or in the cubby hole.... which one do you guys prefer?? Is one alot easier to see than the other? I know the cubby would be alot easier and more importantly.. faster... I got farming to do....:lol3:

·
Registered
592 Posts
you cant say you dont like looking at your gauges while your cruisin up the highway

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
O i didnt say that i dont.... its jus from the sound of it he already has several and gonna put several more i jus didnt know what else he needed to be monitoring?:beer

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,917 Posts
One vote for the overhead mount here, I have a quad mount there, and it is some of the best money I have spent. Convenient if you check your mirrors when you drive because they are right there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One vote for the overhead mount here, I have a quad mount there, and it is some of the best money I have spent. Convenient if you check your mirrors when you drive because they are right there.
Can you post some pics? Interested in seeing what it looks like installed. Did you paint it at all?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes pics please.... oh and
Why the need for SOOO many gauges?
I have boost, pyro and fuel pressure in the a-pillar... and I want to put in a rail pressure gauge because of my mods and I tow heavy alot so I want a water temp gauge and a regualar temp gauge that I can toggle between my tranny and rear diff..... I like to keep an eye on things when I'm going down the road.... plus they look cool haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think I will be mounting everything on the roof near the rear view myself. I am reserving the A-Pillars for speakers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You can never have enough gauges:T: I have the same gauge set up and was wondering the same thing on where to run my rail pressure and water temp. I like the overhead idea but was thinking about getting some air bags and putting those gauges up there. Quadzilla makes a digital rail pressure that is kinda long and skinny and I think it would fit under the bottom gauge on the a pillar???????

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Quadzilla makes a digital rail pressure that is kinda long and skinny and I think it would fit under the bottom gauge on the a pillar???????
I have seen that moniter mounted right above the steering column, below the factory gauges. Looked good there too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to put em in the overhead mount but I'm just wondering how its gonna be to extend all the wires and what not to get them long enough to reach up there.... hhmmm oh and thanks for the linky bbram

1 - 13 of 13 Posts