Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, getting ready to do gauges on my freinds 2004 cummins. where do i put the egt probe? pre, or post turbo? im thinking pre-turbo, like tapped into the exhaust manifold, rather than in the downpipe. any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys/girls!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Pre turbo, DO NOT drill in the center of the exhaust manifold Theyre seperated front 3 and rear 3. Pick either the left side of the right side. They'll both be the same. Be sure to use some grease to avoid shavings fallin in that pretty turbo drilling and tapping.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Pre turbo, DO NOT drill in the center of the exhaust manifold Theyre seperated front 3 and rear 3. Pick either the left side of the right side. They'll both be the same. Be sure to use some grease to avoid shavings fallin in that pretty turbo drilling and tapping.
Thats where I put mine. It's not to difficult to put in. Just take your time so you don't get any shavings inside.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright guys. thanks for the replies. good idea on the grease trick. makes perfect sense.:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts