Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been acquiring everything needed to code stuff on my '19 2500 CTD but can't seem to find where to get the described security bypass cable. I picked up a Galaxy Tab A, a OBDlink MX+, Downloaded the alfaOBD app from the GooglePlay store. Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Found one place that looked promising (koadtech) but I have not saw on alpha anything newer than 2017. Not sure if it works for newer or not tho. I am wondering with that cable if it would allow for using a monitor from a previous year for gauges?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've been acquiring everything needed to code stuff on my '19 2500 CTD but can't seem to find where to get the described security bypass cable. I picked up a Galaxy Tab A, a OBDlink MX+, Downloaded the alfaOBD app from the GooglePlay store. Can someone point me in the right direction?
From my experience, there is more 2019 support with appcardiagFCA beta.

I bought my jumper here: https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass

Reactions: joints4sale

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
What color ends did yours come with? Mine has 2 white ends that I plugged into the same connector and I can not get anything to connect to truck. Did I recieve the wrong harness or does it plug into to separate plugs?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What color ends did yours come with? Mine has 2 white ends that I plugged into the same connector and I can not get anything to connect to truck. Did I recieve the wrong harness or does it plug into to separate plugs?

The plugs on the wires are both white. The wires should be labeled. Black/Green and White/Green. Those correspond to the blocks that they are to be plugged in to. Both are green but one has a black base and the other has a white base.

I couldn’t get it to work that way. I kept getting all kinds of errors for collision and blind spot warnings. I played around with plugging it in different configurations. Finally got it to work opposite of how it was labeled. AlfaOBD is not very user friendly though. They could learn a thing or two from the guys that make the BimmerCode app for BMWs.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yea I got mine figured out. I overlooked the labels like an idiot and plugged them both into the same plug. Got it figured out now. Just have to figure out how to change tire pressure thresholds. Changed tired size for speed to be correct.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What is this used for? I know accessing modules to add things, but what things? Can I change my tire size so that 77 on the dash is not actually 80mph with my new tires?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes you can change tire size and tire pressure thresholds alone with many other things. Those two I have done to mine already

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Just got my cable. Going to get my PIN and lower the TPMS thresholds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The program I used did not require a pin to adjust it. Pretty sure you have to have it for alphaobd tho

·
Registered
770 Posts
Anyone have insight into which locations to plug the bypass cable into on 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie? I tried the same locations as joints4sale but it would not allow me to connect to any modules. Mine also had different locations plugged in compared to his image.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,001 Posts
you need to plug the separate connectors in, that matches the base of the terminal, to the color of the pigtail plug.
it's hard to see the color of the terminal base, but one is black, and one is white.

·
Registered
770 Posts
you need to plug the separate connectors in, that matches the base of the terminal, to the color of the pigtail plug.
it's hard to see the color of the terminal base, but one is black, and one is white.
Yeah, which ports on each block though? I copied the picture from joints4sale on page 1 and it didn't work. Am I supposed to just keep plugging into different ports till I find a combination that works? There are dozens if not hundreds of combinations of different ports to use on each block.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,001 Posts
should be any combo as long as you match the terminal base color to the label. I plugged mine in a random hole on each terminal block and it worked. if it's not unlocking then I'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts