Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where, in the bed of of the truck, is the best place to mount a 7pin round trailer light connector for a
5th wheel. Pictures would be great.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Mine is located on the left inner bedside, about a foot from the tailgate. Easy to reach without crawling in the bed. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same here, driver side infront of the tailgate behind the wheel well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
mine is to the left of the license plate....stock location, and I really like where it is at for both 5'ers and bumper pulling:thumbsup

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
I hard wired mine into the back plug in the bumper then took out the rubber plug in the side of the box and mounted it there. No holes

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have on one at the bottom corner of the passenger side inside the bed by tail gate. I also have one in the factory spot. I have a round 7 pin on the right side of the plate on the bumper and a 4 flat under the bumper. I can hook up to almost anything with my setup.

·
Registered
704 Posts
One in the bed (same as Hot stuff, Bass & Elephant) that is used for the fifth wheel and the goosenecks and also one in the stock location used for bumper pull trailers.

FWIW I have found it is a lot better to have the plug in the bed for gooseneck or fifth wheel trailers.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts