Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Albertans, Im looking to get my drivers and passenger windows tinted to match the rear windows. Anyone know who will do this? Harder and Harder to find someone to do this. Im about 3 hours north of edmonton but will go where ever is needed to get it done for summer.

Thanks, Rob

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Stripe Tech in Calgary will get it done for you if you are in the southern area of our province at all.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Few places in Red Deer as well....DETAILS WINDOW TINTING

·
Registered
143 Posts
don't go too dark, otherwise if you are ever pulled over, you WILL get an additional ticket. Mine fronts are tinted quite lightly (10% or 90%, forget how they measure it), and have never had a problem in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
303 Posts
90 bucks a side at Mr. Detail in calgary. Lifetime warrenty and they do a wicked job, I have 23% on mine (measured in how much light they let through)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Darker Image in Lloydminster isn't too far away. There's someone in Bonnyville too who does custom 3m chip guard and tinting as well, that would be closest if you can't find one in Cold Lake. I also know of one in Vermilion too.

I bought my 07 Mega in Montana last spring and they use heavy tint down there, it looks the same as the factory stuff on my back window. I haven't had a single problem with it yet, knock on wood. I've never had tint until buying this truck and absolutely love it, plus it looks great.

From the day I picked it up in Great Falls:

·
Registered
492 Posts
ask around your local parts shops, usually they have a line on who will do it.
keep in mind it is illegal here, and if you're lucky you will only have to peel it off on the side of the road and skip the ticket. the last two times i was busted i got the ticket AND had to peel it off :(

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've got 5% all the way around, only lasted a week before I got a ticket (didn't remove it), been like 3 months since not a problem again. I don't even bother rolling down my windows around city cops, they don't care, it's the stupid peace officers that will pull you over for it :buttkick: I got mine down at Malcolms Tinting, $300 for all 5 windows, and the rear is a slider. I will never drive without 5% again, it is so great. Just a FYI they can't make you remove it, they can only say remove it or ticket. There is nothing forcing you to take your tint off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
id go to malcolms too

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
if yur ever in the mcmurray area pm me and i'll hook u up with my buddy 150bucks for both windows he's good did mine,,collected about 800 bucks in fines so far haha oh well no demerits for tinted windows suck it,.....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks fellas, Malcolms tinting in edmonton is getting some good reviews so may go there. Called them and they said $120 for both front windows. :headbang:

Diggerdave, appreciate it man but dont think ill be in fort mac, ill stick around here, "mini-mac" lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts