Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a place to get Brilliant Black Pearlcoat spray paint, code: PXR. I want to paint my grill to match my truck. Can't seem to find the paint though. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
191 Posts
take it to a bodyshop and spend 100 bucks so it will look right. you wont ever get spray paint to match right or look as good as the factory finish.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Good idea. Thanks.
I am not a painter by trade but I do spray alot of my own vehicles and equipment. The paint store I have an account with lets you bring in your paint code and if you can get it put into an aerosol can so you don't need to buy a gallon, don't need the gun or thinner. Just sand it good (off the truck), hang it, spray it with a light cover spray first, wait 20-30 seconds then repeat a few more times. I would buy a can of clearcoat also or your paint will just not last with all the bug juice that it deals with. Although I do have a make shift spray booth, exhaust fans, compressor, water seperators and psi regulators and all types of guns I still prefer the ease of doing a small piece like a grill without all breaking out all the equipment.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not a painter by trade but I do spray alot of my own vehicles and equipment. The paint store I have an account with lets you bring in your paint code and if you can get it put into an aerosol can so you don't need to buy a gallon, don't need the gun or thinner. Just sand it good (off the truck), hang it, spray it with a light cover spray first, wait 20-30 seconds then repeat a few more times. I would buy a can of clearcoat also or your paint will just not last with all the bug juice that it deals with.
Thanks man. Had a guy do it for $170. Here she is:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sweet! Looks sharp man, the "chrome" finish on mine is already peeling so I was planning on blacking mine out as well but with a matte finish to match the wheels and bumper I plan to paint next month.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Looks good, I think I am going to do flat black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.