Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Where the f do u fill the tranny fluid?

5415 Views 72 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  TAPMAN
I'm just on the highway and it felt like my tranny was running alittle rough so I pulled over to check the fluid and it's low now I have some but where do I pour it in:s I looked but can't find anything and it's hard with a flash light to see everything
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2,438 Posts
u need a funnel and pour it where the dipstick goes

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What that's retarded

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dodge should get a slap in the head for that good thing I had a envelope to make a funnel

· Registered
262 Posts
I'm just on the highway and it felt like my tranny was running alittle rough so I pulled over to check the fluid and it's low now I have some but where do I pour it in:s I looked but can't find anything and it's hard with a flash light to see everything
Are you serious?? Member "CD in NM" is right...

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every car I've had u filled it just like oil never poured in down the dipstick

· Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,719 Posts
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

· Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Every car I've had u filled it just like oil never poured in down the dipstick
What kind of cars? Every auto ive ever had filled through the dipstick

· Registered
532 Posts
pour down dip stick tube, and your suppose to check it while truck is running and the tranny is in nuetral, and ofcourse make sure the e-brake is on..

· Registered
2,438 Posts
hope he hasnt put his tranny fluid in the oil in his automatics,,,maybe thats why he is low on tranny fluid

· Registered
2,438 Posts
no offense , but to me thats scary ,if u own a 40+k rig and dont know where to put the tranny fluid,i know we all start somewhere,but JEEZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7492

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a little jug of ATF +4 I believe but I need alittle more can I just put any ATF in just till I get home it's only gas stations open on the jighway

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.