Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 and I'm just deciding where to go with it. I'm mainly looking to get better fuel milage and bit more power, but not anything too crazy. I want my truck (and tranny) to last.
I'm pretty sure that I want to get a mini max (mainly for the digital gauges). What are people's thoughts on the OD software?

I also want to do a turbo back exhaust.* I'm not sure weather to get a 4" or 5" and weather to get a muffler or not.* I really want to avoid droning. I would like a little more sound, but I don't want it so loud that my wife will refuse to ride with*me. Will I still be able to fit my spare tire under my truck if I go to a 5"?*
What else would people reccommend?* Cold Air intake?* EGR/Cooler delete?*

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have an '08 and I'm just deciding where to go with it. I'm mainly looking to get better fuel milage and bit more power, but not anything too crazy. I want my truck (and tranny) to last.
I'm pretty sure that I want to get a mini max (mainly for the digital gauges). What are people's thoughts on the OD software?

I also want to do a turbo back exhaust.* I'm not sure weather to get a 4" or 5" and weather to get a muffler or not.* I really want to avoid droning. I would like a little more sound, but I don't want it so loud that my wife will refuse to ride with*me. Will I still be able to fit my spare tire under my truck if I go to a 5"?*
What else would people reccommend?* Cold Air intake?* EGR/Cooler delete?*

Ok get the od software when you get your mini max great tranny bandaid. If you don't plan on going over 600 horse stick with the 4" turbo back no muffler. If you want 5" it doesn't interfere with your spare tire but if it's turbo back no muffler you will have drone of some sort. STUDS!!!!!!!!!! Head gaskets seem to pop in these things sometimes with just stock power studs will help prevent that. H11's by Hamilton or arp's are good options for studs. Delete delete delete egr, egr cooler, dpf do it all your truck will thank you for it with better diesel mileage. With efi live and fully deleted i saw 27 mpg hand calculated on an highway going 65 mph. Cai your choice good update though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.