Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had recently taken off the wiring harness to do work on the truck and while we put it back on the truck we had everything plugged in although i cant find where this goes, The truck is a 98 12V and the plug branches off the main harness between the AFC and the Firewall and i believe its the engine temp gauge for the engine because that is the only gauge out on the dash so i assume it plugs into the block somewhere? but for some reason i just cant find where it goes! if anyone has any information that can lead me to the right location to look for the plug it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
engine temp wire should be different from that (just a single wire spade usually), the water temp sending unit is at the back of the cylinder head on the drivers side (a real whore to get at)

That one looks like the water-in-fuel sensor plug (goes to the short pigtail on the filter housing)

·
Registered
283 Posts
engine temp wire should be different from that (just a single wire spade usually), the water temp sending unit is at the back of the cylinder head on the drivers side (a real whore to get at)

That one looks like the water-in-fuel sensor plug (goes to the short pigtail on the filter housing)
:agree2:

Water In Fuel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im going to have to also check that out i have the same plug hanging out there..

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I know if there is a plug in the same area that isnt used for anything.(cant remember what it was for) That plug looks like water in fuel plug though. My temp plug is a two wire(busted the sending unit pulling the head). Took parts store to three times to order it as it is a sending unit for a 95 cummins. Its on the back side of the head on drivers side and kinda a b!tch to get at.

·
Broke Down
184 Posts
This is the beauty of a 12 valve. Ive got half a dozen or so connectors that dont go any where. all the beautiful motor needs to run is 12 volts to the fuel shut off sylinoid. dead simple. the way engines autta be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts