Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 dodge 2500 I am trying to figure out where I can mount them and still use my cup holder also like maybe up where the visers are but kinda wanna keep my concole up there too any ideas please will help thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Why not from roof behind pax seat?

This is where I'll be mounting CB plus scanner plus speaker. Offset from antenna mount thru roof.

·
Registered
52 Posts
before I bought my havis console I screwed one of the u brackets for the radios to upholder bottom, (when its closed, the part that faces you) and the other one I screwed into the plastic on the 4x4 handle trim so it hung down on the drivers side.
I hope this helps!

and heres a pic of my console setup, its gonna be expensive for a console though, just beware
8 Inch Havis Console
Havis Exterior Cupholders
Whelen Siren Mounting Plate
Uniden CB Mounting Plate
Uniden Scanner Mounting Plate
Whelen 295SLS1
Uniden BCD996XT
Uniden PRO520XL
Motorola Astro Spectra W4 Remote Head P25
I took out my stock cupholders to fit the console in, plus the havis ones are better in my opinion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16175203027/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16360185292/in/photostream/

sorry the pics aren't uploading :( but the links are public

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Got any pics

I've looked it over, but haven't yet done a mockup. Discussed it with my favorite CB tech. With an NV5600 one has little room to work with.

The idea is to have two/three radios + speaker within reach, but not taking up space from either front seat location. Manipulate controls by touch if necessary. Leave mike suspended from auto reel as with my big truck.

Headliner on mine needs replacement. Plus would be time to add some acoustic material to ceiling interior and install new headliner.

Good luck on what you decide. There are many installs shown in threads here and on TDR.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
on my 01 I removed the center seat and mocked up a center console that went from the dash to the back of the front seat, had built in storage/foam covered top/cup holders /2-way radio/fire ext...but instead of working around whats there make it what you want.
also the console bolted on to the old seat mounts easily, made it out of 1/2 plywood (the stuff with the nice finish)

here are a couple pics to give you an idea

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Can you remote mount the radio's like we do with our high and low band radio's in our fire equipment.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
This is where I mounted mine. NV5600. Works awesome

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
No pics in a dodge. All our apparatus at work have full size Motorola radio's mounted in either a radio cutout or on the accessory trays on the dash. We remote mount the units in our explorers, durangos, and yukons due to no room when all other equipment is in place. Baiscly the face plate pops off, an adapter goes in place of the face plate and can be mount anywhere you want. Then another adapter snaps to the face plate which make it about 3 inches deep and you mount where you want it. You run a com cable supplied in the kit to the base unit and face plate and you have full control of all radio functions from the smaller faceplate.

Try hiding 2 multi band radio's, low band radio, siren driver, aux power distribution center and other stuff in a new explorer. Thanks to less we no longer need strobe power supplies. We build all our cars and command trucks. The others are international's with Braun bodies and sutphen and pierce pumpers and aerials

1 - 11 of 11 Posts