Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 500 miles on the odometer I am dying to get more power out of this 6.7. I wanted to try it for a while stock but I sure am getting an itchy trigger finger. I want to wait for the code free dpf delete. Can I install the edge or mp-8 before I delete the dpf? Should I wait and install the DPF first? I am leaning towards the edge mostly to clear codes if code free kit still throws a code.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You can use either chip with the DPF in place. I wouldnt recommend stacking them with it on. The more you drive it hard the more regens you will go into with the DPF. Edge is a good starting point and some people have started going for the new Bullydog PMT.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If keys are in hand, start modding.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
With 500 miles on the odometer I am dying to get more power out of this 6.7. I wanted to try it for a while stock but I sure am getting an itchy trigger finger. I want to wait for the code free dpf delete. Can I install the edge or mp-8 before I delete the dpf? Should I wait and install the DPF first? I am leaning towards the edge mostly to clear codes if code free kit still throws a code.
I usually wait atleast 10- 15k before i do any engine modding. Im sitting at a lil over 11k now. Just waiting on some extra :$: too fall into my hands. I would atleast put enough miles for an oil change before modding. You want to make sure its going to be dependable especially with all the problems many are having.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am fairly new to this too and with about 2500 miles on mine (and have not yet made the first payment...) I am planning on waiting to 5-7000 miles. Want to get past oil change #1 and be sure there are no off the lot problems which a warranty would cover. If you read the forum like I have, any of the mods you are discussing will most likely void your warranty and for that reason, I am giving my truck ample opportunity to show any build issues (meaning: have fun breaking it in, just watch for the red lights).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts