Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
40psi of boost. and NOT out of the stock turbo...stock HX35 can only handle 35psi before you are over-spooling it and just blowing hot air. also over 55psi i think is where you need the o-rings in the head as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think its like 45 to 48 anything over and your on borrowed time. But you have to watch your drive pressure aswell.

·
Registered
324 Posts
tell bout it!! i was crankin 52psi on my hx35 and it went BOOOOOOOM and pop goes the head gasket....for the 5th time!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lol think of what you good have bought with the money spent on the turbo and 4 head gaskets.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
tell bout it!! i was crankin 52psi on my hx35 and it went BOOOOOOOM and pop goes the head gasket....for the 5th time!
holy he!! where were the egt's? 2200* :shock:

·
Registered
324 Posts
haha well hot enough the pyro proab in the manifold melted:banghead:....needless to say im making MANY changes when i get the head back..hx50 ats manifold drivepresure gauge, studs, fire rings....the list goes on.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
lmao theres a reason you put a pyro in your manifold...1700+ = destroys turbos....

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,202 Posts
where does the drive pressure guage go and when do you need one?

·
Registered
134 Posts
It goes right by your pyro. You should pretty close to 1:1 so 50 pounds of booost 50 pounds of drive pressure.

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,202 Posts
oo ok so there should be the same amount of boost going into the trubo that is comming out?

·
Registered
324 Posts
lmao theres a reason you put a pyro in your manifold...1700+ = destroys turbos....
lol thanks 4 the info.....a month to late!!! but learned wat i need to do to avoid it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.