Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 dodge ram with 2" leveling kit. I currently run 33"x12.5" tires on 20x9 chrome wheels. Well I don't like how the chrome wheels are holding up due to the salt that we see in the winter and was looking at some other options. I really like the look of the american force wheels, both the polished and the black. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these wheels and can tell me how they hold up. Is the finish very durable (unlike the crap chrome on mine)? I used to own polished wheels so I know the maintenance involved with those. Any info would be great thanks!:confused013:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I haven't seen a lot of members here with the American Force wheels. However in my years as a truck enthusiast, it seems most people agree that powdercoating holds up better than other finishes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. I know that I'm not a fan of the chrome on my wheels. I was just curious how durable the black finish is on the AF wheels. the ones that are polished aluminum I know I can clean up with some mothers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Echo special forces finish on my f150, which are a combo of black and polished. For the 7 months I've had them, they have held up great. I dry them thoroughly and try not to get tire shine overspray on them, but that's it. I had weld polished a long time ago, and they looked really bad after a couple years. There was an impregnating polish compound pronounced "water" but spelt with a "q" I started using on the weld a little too late, but I looked for some online recently and couldn't find it. I had planned on using the compound on the polished part of the lip and polished windows on my Echo's. You don't have to do anything special for the black. Mainly just don't use anything abrasive or any type of solvent, but that's usually the case for any wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Devil Dog Diesel
2,759 Posts
Newbie-You are at 129 posts now man so I dont think you are a "newbie" anymore man! lol. Hope they can keep all your post counts if you decide to change your screen name bro?

Anyway. I have a buddy who is outstanding at technical answers such as yours and be able to get you any new paid of "shoes" you want at the best prices and with the best VIP treatment you could ask for! Check your PMs and lemme know if I can assist in any way possible my friend. Sorry, Diesel Newbie! :)

Reactions: diesel_newbie
1 - 8 of 8 Posts