Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time around, I went with Fuel Hostage wheels, and while I initially liked the look of them, the quality and finish of the chrome was just absolutely horrible. Within a couple months they had already started pitted and flaking.

I think I prefer a chrome/polished wheel on this truck but I'm worried about getting garbage again. I like the polished Weld Draglites I have on my Mustang, because when they get to looking bad, I can just hit them with a PowerBall.

I was hoping Chrome was going to be easy to keep up with on my truck but that wasn't the case unfortunately.

I'm also wondering if a dark gray/anthracite (brake dust LOL) colored wheel would look decent.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look into those, thanks.

$420/wheel -- my wife will beat the snot out of me. :drama: But I wouldn't have to replace them again like I am with these.

I see they are beadlock or simulated beadlock.

How big of a difference will it make going from a 17x9 to 17x8.5? 37" x 13.5" Toyo M/T.

Do you have any pics of the blue ring?
EDIT: I see their page shows a ton of the options:
http://secure.trbeadlocks.com/17x8-125-45hd17beadlockwheel.aspx

·
Supporting Vendors
9,579 Posts
I'll look into those, thanks.

How big of a difference will it make going from a 17x9 to 17x8.5? 37" x 13.5" Toyo M/T.
ZERO

The nice thing about them is that we can order you any backspacing that you need.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't need beadlocks on a DD but I don't love the look of the fake bolts on a fake beadlock.

How are these set up?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may not be completely opposed to the small ring. Everything is up in the air right now -- but thank you for letting me know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice truck you got. Love the color :). I need lift and tires, but powdercoated some wheels off a powerwagon semi-gloss black... Might give you an idea

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts