Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of buying rims for my truck, I thought that I would go the route of maybe keeping my stock wheels and buying some wheel spacers. I kinda like the stock wheels....Anyways, I was wanting to know if wheel spacers would be a good/safe choice or a bad/non-safe choice?? If it would be safe and alright to do, how many inch wheel spacers would you all get??

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump??????

·
Registered
134 Posts
i would have to say that putting spacers on an everuday driven 3/4 ton truck would be a no no

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
134 Posts
well just the fact of the wieght of the motor alone, then add bumps dips of everyday driving. then you figure the factor of it putting added strain on you ball joints, tie rods and such.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i've got spacers on my duelly, does just fine, done sled pulls with it and every thing with no prob. only had my truck for 10k or so thow, and it came with them on it. my .o2

bowz

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a good observation....and our trucks are known for not having very good ball joint aren't they??

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just added 3-1/2" spacers to the front of my 08 mega when I converted to a dually. They were the factory spacers. I can't see anything wrong with spacers. I personally don't like to see tires stick past the fenders though!
Garry

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See, that what I am wanting is for my tires to stick out past my fenders....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anybody else have any input????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Iv seen 2 failed wheel spacers. one was low speed and one was high speed, both were not pretty in the end. I will never run aftermarket spacers

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have also thought about getting spacers. My 315's rub a lil when turning which reduces my turning radius and I like the look of the stock wheels.

Doesn't the front wheels of a dually have spacers?????

·
Registered
214 Posts
i dont see any spacer on the front of my dually, but i'm using 2" on the back cause i'm running 265/75/16 and dont want it rub when towing, i have been going throu my 3th set of wheel without problem at all

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a big difference between a dually front spacer and your typical wheel spacer. Just say no to Al wheel spacers. Especially on a tow rig. If you do go that route, make it routine to properly torque your wheels as often as possible. They aren't easy on balljoints/the entire steering system, but they aren't any harder on it than a 8-10" wheel with 4" or less backspacing.

And if you're doing it with 285's or smaller tires, it isn't going to look right anyway. I'd suggest saving up for some new wheels... not much more than decent spacers cost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts