Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey currently looking for new wheels for my truck. As of right now im looking At MOTO METAL® MO957 Wheels - Matte Black Rims

Let me know what you think of those. Also i want to make sure they will fit.
17" DIAMETER (17" x 9") [-12 Offset, 8x165.1 Bolt Pattern, 125.5mm Hub]

Im not very good with wheels/tires. so i want to make sure i get the right stuff...
Will they stick out at all or what? I'm looking at putting some nitto all terrain tires on them. I only have leveling kit. So let me know if you think these will fit and what size tire's i should be looking at for these. thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
8 x 6.5 is the bolt pattern, but I don't know much about the offsets. Stock back spacing is supposed to be about 6.5", if I remember right. Offset is a measurement, taken from the centerline of the rim. Backspacing is measure from the back edge, or lip of the rim. In a way they are the same exact thing, just measured from a different point, if that make sense. Also, offset is usually in mm, and backspacing is in inches.

Easy enough to figure out. Just convert from mm to inches, or vise versa. Divide or multiply the mm by 25.41 to do the conversion.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
That bolt pattern is correct but the -12 offset will cause them to stick way out. That is the same as a 4.5" backspace as opposed to the 6.25" bs that the stockers are.

Another note on the 2012's is that the switched from 9/16 lugnuts to 14mm units.

Reactions: armymech

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for that. So 8x165.1 Bolt Pattern is Correct? Will these make them stick out 2 far?? Main question is will they fit? I like the look and want them 2 stick out but not WAYY out. Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone recommend a good tire size all terrain that will fit this rim and my truck that wont rub? Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.