Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Wheel offset questions..

13K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  RydoggCummin 
#1 ·
I have searched and a ton of threads about this. I've also looked at hundreds of pictures but I'm still not 100%. I'm looking at buying some 18x9 XD Hoss's and was wondering about the -12mm offset or the 18mm offset. Found a good deal on a used set with -12mm but if 18mm will be better than I rather just spend the extra cash.

My truck is stock. Probably wanting to run something around a 285/65/18 A/T. If I get the -12mm they will stick out further correct? Will this cause them to have a better chance of rubbing compared to the 18mm offset?

If you have any pics of a stock truck with something similar please share them. I've found alot of pictures but mostly of lifted trucks. I am running a 305/70/17 A/T on stock rims right now that barely rub the control arms at full tilt. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Hey man I have the XD Hoss wheels 18x9 with the -12 offset. I have Toyo MT's 35x1250x18 with a 2 inch leveling kit my tires do rub on not even a full turn of the steering wheel on the body and fender. My tires stick out of the wheel well around 2.5-3 inches but with the toyos they are actually around 13 inches wide. Your truck stock with 285/65's should not rub at all but do you want them to stick out with that size tire it might look kinda of funny sticking out that wide you might be better off with the +18 that will only push it out about an inch further than stock apposed to 2.5 with the -12. Then again its all about preference what do you like. Here is a pic so you can see how far they stick out. I am going to a +18 in the next day or 2 if you want to wait I will post again after I get them put on. I will also be putting on a 4 inch lift as soon as it gets in. Hope this helps.

Reactions: winn99
#3 ·
Thanks for the info and pic Rydogg. I was thinking that they may stick out a little far for that size of tire. I will probably just pass on the used set of -12mm offset ones I found and get the 18mm.

#7 · (Edited)
Looks awesome! I'm going with the +18mm for sure. Now trying to figure out what size tire I want to go with. On the 35x1250r18 tires that you have..does that mean 35" tall and 12 1/2" wide? I've never bought tires in the standard form..Always bought the metric sizes..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.