Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I change out my 5 blade mafia with turbo mounted in truck myself ?

·
Vendor
8,939 Posts
Yes, mostly.

The parts are individually balanced. Ideally the parts will be assembled and balanced together to reduce tolerance stacking ( IE +/-2 and +/-2 = +/- 4).

If you are running extreme applications then it is more important. In compound set ups the turbos both do not see extreme RPMS and the tolerance stacking is less to worry about.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any recommendations on a quieter wheel that still perfor so good on my 475/115. It has a 57 on top. Thx

·
Vendor
8,939 Posts
There is a noise attenuating cover ( borgs johhn deere race cover)

you could need to change out your piping or weld a flage on the compressor boot slip cover. It is the cover from 17288 turbo. I have several.

An extra strip of weatherstripping on the hood/ fire wall will dampen some of the sound as well. It is only a modest improvement.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a noise attenuating cover ( borgs johhn deere race cover)

you could need to change out your piping or weld a flage on the compressor boot slip cover. It is the cover from 17288 turbo. I have several.

An extra strip of weatherstripping on the hood/ fire wall will dampen some of the sound as well. It is only a modest improvement.
What does your race cover run for everything I’d need. How much will it quiet it down?

·
Vendor
8,939 Posts
Will send a PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts