Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure my wheel bearings are going bad on my 05 ram 3500. They are making a sound that really isnt a squeal but more of a crunching but has a squeal to it. Im going to replace my axle joints anyway so i was wondering if anybody knew of a site that i can get a diagram of what I will need and how to replace my wheel bearings. I have heard you have to replace the entire hub so anything helps!!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
It's a sealed hub yes you have to replace the whole hub more of a Pain then anything

Reactions: cummins2005hey

·
Registered
317 Posts
Go to quad4x4.com. They have very detailed color photo instruction that you can download for $3.49. They also sell very high quality front axle u-joints and all the tools needed for the job. Great site.

Reactions: cummins2005hey

·
Registered
317 Posts
Also, hubandbearingwharehouse.com has the wheel bearings for $99 plus a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
WOW i think mine might be going bad to... I was scared to death they were going to be 250.00 each!! 99.00 each and that includes ABS sensor...thats a steal in my book!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
youtube

I've found most anything I need help with is almost always posted on youtube.

Here's a great 3 piece video of a guy changing out balljoints, which removes the hub and bearing assembly, so it should work:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts