Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm a BFG AT kinda guy myself... they're EXCELLENT in snow and the 285's look great on stock wheels

but im clueless as far as bigger tires and wheels, I'm in the same boat as you :thud:

·
Registered
694 Posts
was wonderin fit the people out there with some pretty sick 20' wheels on 35's could post some pics!!! would like to see yalls rigs

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I like the Michelins hands down for all out mileage on the road. Ain't no other tire out there touch theirs for mileage. Sure there are many others pout there that have the way better looks for offroad, there are some killer looking tires out there for that and I don't think Michelin even has a dog in the hunt on that one LOL

One tire I do know to be awesome tire for road and offroad use though that Michelin does make, just not in the damn 17" tires that are stock on the dually's is the -XDS2's

Michelin Americas Truck Tires XDS®2 Page

These tires are rated at F and G if I remember right and they are killer on both road and offroad. Just in the 19.5's which if your going to get new wheels also you might look at these as well, unless your after the big fat daddy bad boys...

Now if your going to stay with the 17" size I like the LTX-A/T2's as they seem to be it for now in the 17" size if you ask me. If we could just get these XPS-traction tires in the 17" they would get my money.

Michelin Americas Truck Tires XPS TRACTION® Page

I have the Rib version of the XPS tire on my trailer and I have close to 80K on these tires and have over half the tread life left yet. The XPS-ribs are great for trailers but on the truck I want more of a aggresive tire like the XPS-traction. Thats just me and my wants anyway. These two choices of tires do have steel casings and don't have the ride comfort of your P type tires. They are not for everyone as they do give up some of the ride comfort if you are them up and make them stand tall and hard. Killer mileage and one tuff tire though. If they just had these in a 17"...

Now if they had the XDE2's in a 17" it would be all over as they get the vote from me. The damn size on these dually's of 235/80R-17's leaves nothing much to choose from if you ask me, at least if you stay with something rated in at least a E... I have a set of Bridgestones on mine right now, good mileage tire, but the worst tire in wet weather roads. Almost scarry at times... Mud and dirt forget these. They are the Duravis-HD500's, the new 700's look to be better for mud and wet weather, but after how bad these are in the wet weather and how much they have flat out scarred me, I am going to run the Michelins on the truck from now on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts