Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 reg cab 4x4 with a 4.5" skyjacker lift. The lift sits about 6" and I can fit the 11x16military tires that are about 38.8" tall and 11 or 12" wide. No rubbing on the stock 16" chrome wheels. I currently run 35x12.50 on the h2 wheels and want to go to a 37" at the smallest but would prefer 38" or 40" on the 17" wheel. My problem is the 38 and 40's only seem to come extra wide at 14.5" I'm looking at BFG AT's and KM2's also the procomp Xtreme AT. Good year MTR's are 40x13.50 but I hear they are nosiy. I need a tire that is quiet and good in the rain/snow/slush and handels well since this is my daily driver. the 35" BFG ATs currently handel like its on rails but the snow traction is lacking a bit and now that they are wearing down there kind of scary to stop with in the rain. Any and all opinions are welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
cooper discoverer stt, they are competition for the mtrs and hear they are better all around and cheaper, but i dont know that they will have your size

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
I ran 37-12.50-16.5 Goodyear Wrangler R/T's with a 3'' lift

·
Registered
861 Posts
the coopers are a great tire all around and fairly quiet. however, my brother has MTRs on his truck and they are great on and off road and amazing in snow. they are also not very loud at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the michilin XL's I run that are the 38.8's are so loud I cant have a conversation at highway speeds. I'm trying to avoid that. The BFG AT's have a tolerable noise level. How are those MTR's in the rain?

·
Registered
325 Posts
goodyear make a mtr 40x14.5r? i know for a fact they make a 17 but 16?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they make a 40x13.50x17. I'd like to see a 40x11 or 12.50 but no one makes any tires like that that im aware of.

·
Registered
88 Posts
im pretty sure interco/superswamper makes a 38x11 but that may be too short for ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts