Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 06 Mega and was wondering what i should do first, should i just go right for the tranny and get that outta the way i am looking to make like 600hp outta it when i am done and feel like if i dink around with the small programmers and cheap intakes to just start would be a waste of time and cash and if so what kind of upgrades should be done to trans to hold up to 600, like full suncoast or can i get away with a rebuild?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
yes if you plan on that hp go for the tranny first then mod away. but aleast you would have the tranny taken care of:thumbsup: BTW welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
How long do you anticipate it will take for you to come up with the cash for the tranny. It has taken me a while. during that time I put on gauges, an intake, got an EZ used for cheap, got a Smarty Jr. used and cheap. Had a little fun while saving up for the big ticket item.

Sold the JR. for the same amount I bought it for and got the SR. So far I haven't lost any money doing things twice and I've been able to have a little fun. good luck!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ok i have a 06 Mega and was wondering what i should do first, should i just go right for the tranny and get that outta the way i am looking to make like 600hp outta it when i am done and feel like if i dink around with the small programmers and cheap intakes to just start would be a waste of time and cash and if so what kind of upgrades should be done to trans to hold up to 600, like full suncoast or can i get away with a rebuild?
Or you can throw all your performance mods on first and let that stock tranny eat. Then you will know what kind of transmission upgrades you will need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts