Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at having to replace my injectors. Thinking about 50hp or 90hp injectors. drive about 35000 miles a year so mileage is important. Whats the biggest injectors you can run on stock cp3 and what kind of mileage difference is there between say 50hp and 90hp injectors?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You might be able to get away with 90s for awhile, but it would be best to mod your cp3 with at least an Arson kit from Motorsport Diesel or bag of parts from Industrial Injection.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have been told you might get kinda hot runnin a 90 horse injector without a bigger turbo. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm making 675+ on a Arson Kit stock Cp3 and DDP 90's
yeah I made 645 with same until I got a pump and made 740rwhp. :doh:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
i ran 90's with a stock cp3 also, putting down around 650..it also depends on what tune youll be running also..with tnt sw9 at the track, 19,000 for r/p was the most i could get, which isnt good at all.but like runninlean said, as soon as i installed the stage3 cp3, i gained good hp..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how about difference in mileage? probably depends on R/P huh

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
I get around 15 MPG with my 90's and setup in sig. I would stay stock injectors unless you plan on doing more HP mods in the future. U need to state what your goals are also. 50 HP tips and a 62 Turbo would run nice and your stock cp3 may keep depending on your tune and tq settings.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2,050 Posts
if your just looking to keep the truck stock 50s that will give you a nice milage bump.

90s work give a milage bump but less then 50s and work well with a 62 and a good tuner and work well with a 66 and 64 with a bit more tuning added.

you will never get the full benefit of 90s without a pump upgrade its not always pressure but the volume of fuel you can deliver.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys! appreciate the info. plan on modding it up a little as i go. eventually an arson kit , bigger turbo etc. Not wanting to build a sled puller just wanting some drivable fun. mainly plan on hauling 29 ft camper with some atvs. don't have the money to do it all at once so want something i can notice but can make it better in the future.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ive been looking for the same answers forever!! I am wanting the same thing, bigger injectors, but dont want to mod to much and I dont want to rob MPG's...So the question is now, what brand is the best for the price?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I have heard 50's give the best mileage gain. And 90's are at the break even point, some dont change, some gain and some drop.

I would do 50's.

·
Registered
279 Posts
what about brands?? Is there any specific nozzle that is better than another? Any suggestions on who to buy them from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
In your sig it says you have an edge juice with attitude, you could go with a smarty that'll give you some noticeable gain. Then bigger injectors later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don't have much choice on replacing the injectors. got all the syptoms of getting a 2 micron on to late.:banghead: just wanting to make the most of it. probably going to go with the 50's. might be a while before i can pursuade my "accountant" to drop some $ on a bigger turbo or bigger pump

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
I am running 100 shots as far as mpg I could'nt tell you I dont worry about things like that

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
so a set of 50hp nozzles and a 61 65 12 turbo on stock cp3 will get you 500 hp and be a great DD. haha how much better can you get!?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I haven't noticed any difference after adding my 50's or Smarty Jr. I can't complain though, I get around 20 on the highway and it sure is fun to drive:shock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts