Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im new to the diesel world. At Christmas I got a Smarty Jr. I've been playing with it trying to improve my mpg. Currently I get about 14-15, and with the Smarty its hasnt gotten any better. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have it on sw3, default tq, default tm, pod
99. My truck is a 2006 quad cab with 2" leveling kit, 33" Dick Cepek all-terrains, AEM Brute Force intake, and a Banks 4" exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
there are tons of theads regarding these topic try doing a search and youll find what your looking for. but each truck and its set up will react different. if you lost the 33 all terrains you'd probably gain about 3-4mpg. but tm 4 is suppose to give best mileage but that depends on quality of fuel. i'm seeing my best on sw 1 tq default tm default. good luck man

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,574 Posts
You'll probably gain very little if anything. Hardly anybody admits this cause they all want to think their money spent on each part: air filter, exhaust, turbo, tips, electronics, etc. gained MPG for them. But in all truth it's minimal at best. Your vehicle's tires, weight, aerodynamics, and your right foot are what matter most.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been doing some reading and was just hoping to maybe find another truck like mine that has it some what figured out. Thanks guys, anything new keep a rookie updated. Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.