Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which company makes the best dpf kit. which ones don't throw the codes. can you just buy the box. and as far as taking off the egr. is there anything made that doesn't throw codes off by deleting this

·
Registered
289 Posts
BADP and PDI have code free DPF delete kits, there isn't any code free EGR deletes yet.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Both kits work equally fine. Neither company has an official Code Free kit out yet, but some have received one already. You can buy just the module from either. Give them a call and go for it. :thumbsup

EGR delete is in the works.

·
Registered
306 Posts
BADP and PDI have code free DPF delete kits, there isn't any code free EGR deletes yet.
BADP, PDI who/what are these companies or ? New guy trying to figure it all out.
:popcorn:

G

·
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

This is a great place to be.

As usual, the ol' Cowboy is right on the mark.

I bet Cowboy was expecting another name for him from me. . . . :w:

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Man! If I didn't live in a state where I will have to get emissions testing I'd be all over one of those.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Man! If I didn't live in a state where I will have to get emissions testing I'd be all over one of those.....
My question is - does that monkey testing the emissions really know the difference between an 06-08. The emissions won't be any different than a stock 06 would it?

My only fear is the warranty - with these new turbos going out all the time you would need almost a quick release on the filter for the constant trips to the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Would seem to me someone could make up a dummy DPF (gutless) this way when you brought it to the dealer for what ever reason, it would not stick out like the kits with new bendless pipe sets and stainless DPF replacement kits.

·
Registered
238 Posts

With the fuel prices, I would consider relocating!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
My question is - does that monkey testing the emissions really know the difference between an 06-08. The emissions won't be any different than a stock 06 would it?

My only fear is the warranty - with these new turbos going out all the time you would need almost a quick release on the filter for the constant trips to the dealer.
You ditch the DPF and EGR and your turbo problems are solved. I had to have my turbo replaced for the second time and as soon as it was in, I gutted the emmissions crap!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You ditch the DPF and EGR and your turbo problems are solved. I had to have my turbo replaced for the second time and as soon as it was in, I gutted the emmissions crap!
For most people who have the turbo issues, have not had any issues since deleting this stuff. The EGR is the culprit of the P2262 code. :thumbsup

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
A few hours once a year spent wrenching under your truck putting it back to stock to get inspected so that you can save THOUSANDS over the span of that year in fuel? Worthwhile to me...

·
Registered
723 Posts
haha i believe this is all only true if you can get your hands on a kit. I'm still sitting back eatting popcorn waiting to snag a unit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts