Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Diesel world and I am loving every minute of it so far.
My question is where do I go from here.
I have an 06' 4x4 crew cab, The mods are 5" T.B Magnaflow, K&N big tube intake, and a smarty jr.. I want more of evrything of course but not sure whats next. Just recieved the smarty jr. last week and have 90 days to upgrade to full smarty unit or get refund what do I do???

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I am new to the Diesel world and I am loving every minute of it so far.
My question is where do I go from here.
I have an 06' 4x4 crew cab, The mods are 5" T.B Magnaflow, K&N big tube intake, and a smarty jr.. I want more of evrything of course but not sure whats next. Just recieved the smarty jr. last week and have 90 days to upgrade to full smarty unit or get refund what do I do???
:welcome: Do you have gauges???? If not you NEED them....a pyro and a boost gauge at least:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
what do you do with the truck? tow or play or a little of both? i've heard good about the jr and full smarty, do you have guages? if not i would recommend those to make sure you don't loose fuel pressure or go too high on your egt's, i would get egt, boost, fuel pressure and if it is an auto trans get a trans temp guage.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gauges are on the way already, I had to get the 3 gauge A pilar, and a 2 gauge overhead. Lookin to play on the way to work and weekends, no towing . I would like another 100-150 max to the wheels on top of the Smarty jr.'s 100.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seems your on the right track. I don't know if you have a manual or auto, but a clutch or some auto upgrades would be a good idea.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Gauges are on the way already, I had to get the 3 gauge A pilar, and a 2 gauge overhead. Lookin to play on the way to work and weekends, no towing . I would like another 100-150 max to the wheels on top of the Smarty jr.'s 100.
Well, technically the Jr isn't giving you 100 peak hp at the wheels but if you want a 500+hp truck you will need...

Regular Smarty (no other electronics necessary)
Lift Pump
Dual feed cp3 line OR modded CP3
turbo (and studs)
tranny
probably injectors as well

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry its a 48RE (auto), Trans. I will be putting the gauges on this weekend hopefully. Does anyone have a recomendation for the trrans upgrades. I was planning on a T.C & V.B maybe even maaster overhaul kit and billet shaft. I have @ 26,000 miles as of now. Gimmie some input on next moves.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Sorry its a 48RE (auto), Trans. I will be putting the gauges on this weekend hopefully. Does anyone have a recomendation for the trrans upgrades. I was planning on a T.C & V.B maybe even maaster overhaul kit and billet shaft. I have @ 26,000 miles as of now. Gimmie some input on next moves.
VB and TC will take care of you into the 400s but I would not do any boost/4x4 launches with them. A good flexpate, tc, vb, some more clutches, bands, input shaft, etc will take care of you into the 500s or so.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would I need turbo as well when upgrading the injectors or could I use a Snow water/meth unit since I would just be using Higher power levels ocassionally....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts