Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gents, I'm fairly new to the world of diesels and need some opinions. Bought my 06 stock and so far added S & B Intake, Predator programmer, and Extreme Power Puck. We are running strong with these but looking for more. Any suggestions on my next add on.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
do you have gauges? you should get those first before you fry something, then clutch or tranny work is most important, no point in having all that power and not being able to put it to the ground. also dont run the puck all the time its bad for your injectors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions on guages?

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
auto or manual? fill out your sig so we know what you have and can help u better

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
but you at LEAST need an EGT guage, if u dont have one turn your truck back to stock till you get one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Deal, I've been pricing guage clusters already from the good boys at Thoroughbred Diesel. Looks like that will be the next addition. I appreciate the insight too. I'm looking to do a few more performance add ons but nothing too CRAZY!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Well since you have an auto i would suggest some isspro ev2 egt, boost 0-60 and transmission temp. Gotta watch the egts, very important since if you go to high u can fry your turbo. Even for a mild build i would also suggest a little bit of tranny work like a torque converter and valve body to hold the power, and also some form of aftermarket fuel filtration to ensure that your injector pump(cp3) and injectors are getting good clean fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for the info, I appreciate it. I'll post what I end up with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anbody else have anything to add? I'm really lookin for big power gains, not interested in rollin' a bunch of smoke or anything like that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
gauges, trans work TC valve bodies (you can do much more to your trans because i think you have a 48re, which will be your weak link. input output shaft, tc, valve bodies, just depends how extreme you want.) after trans and gauges your setup will be like mine except i have a smarty, next im doing an airdog 150, then a turbo, injectors. with small stuff here and there in between it to support those mods. hope im some help. but be sure to do gauges and tranny before anything.

·
04.5 build up
734 Posts
I would get do this in this order.
1. Gauges:egt, trans, boost, rail press
2. Torque converter and VB, exhaust
3. Ditch the power puck and preditor for a smarty
4. AirDogII fuel system
5. 60hp or 90hp nozzles, with arson III cp3 kit
6. 62 or 64 turbo
This should get you to about 450-500hp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts