Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Whats next?!?!?

496 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  worstell2629
I have an 06 QC, Its pretty much all stock. I have a K&N drop in(I know,I know), Hollowed out the intake tube. Just ordered a 5" turbo back this week. What do you all think would be the best tuner for me? I know about the weak trans issues. I dont tow a whole lot. Smarty, MP-8? Wheres a good solid starting point. I know its been asked time and time again but, thats what this place is for, right?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
It all depends what you want to do with the truck. Most people would suggest a smarty if you wanted power. Edge is probably best if your looking for just a mild upgrade plus the edge comes with the gauges. It's really all about what you want to do with the truck. If you want just a small power increase a smarty Jr. is probably a good place to start with. and get a set of gauges.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Im not going to make a monster just yet. I cant see getting a JR, when later down the road I'll need something with more options. Also I dont want my tranny to blow up. This truck is a rocket compaired to my old 6.5. You can never have enought power right. I guess ill try a smarty.

· Registered
317 Posts
Yeah if your looking to eventually go for more horsepower go ahead and buy the smarty now and get a set of gauges and you should be good. I ran mine on a stock transmission on 9 all the time and haven't had a problem yet. Actually I have everything in sig. on my truck and i'm still running the stock transmission. My goerend will be in next thursday or so but my stock tranny is still holding fine. I just went ahead and bought a full built tranny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.