Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...I rented a 24' enclosed car hauler today and loaded it up from front to back, side to side floor to ceiling with my belongings to move north. Truck pulled it and took it like a champ but what do you guys think it weights. Nothing special about contents, only things that stand out as being heavy are two fish tanks (65 gals each) plus stands and 2 small tool boxes half full. The rest is your run of the mill house stuff. Trailer loaded would that be in the 12k mark?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if I am in my max tow range should I worry about EGT's up hills? Tuned smarty jr to sw2. Should I go to sw1?

·
Registered
125 Posts
:confused013:

Truck + Trailer + Stuff = ???

you can probably guestimate this answer better than anyone else..

North you say, Eh???? :l

sub'd for your smarty Question's answer ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I'm not even sure what trailer empty weighs

·
Registered
125 Posts
a tandem axle 8x24 enclosed trailer weighs aprox 3200lbs empty ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you get all your stuff from ikea you've prolly got a solid 20lbs of furniture in there haha! J/k, but in all honesty it's so varying that you'd have to throw it on a scale to know brother

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just curious...I rented a 24' enclosed car hauler today and loaded it up from front to back, side to side floor to ceiling with my belongings to move north. Truck pulled it and took it like a champ but what do you guys think it weights. Nothing special about contents, only things that stand out as being heavy are two fish tanks (65 gals each) plus stands and 2 small tool boxes half full. The rest is your run of the mill house stuff. Trailer loaded would that be in the 12k mark?
Hard to tell...you guys use the metric system up there :flag:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol funny part is we bought a bunch from there!

If you get all your stuff from ikea you've prolly got a solid 20lbs of furniture in there haha! J/k, but in all honesty it's so varying that you'd have to throw it on a scale to know brother

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess I'll have to go without knowing. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My 25 ft gooseneck flatbed weighs over 5k by itself. My old 18' Jeep flatbed weighed just shy of 2k. Point is I bet your trailer alone is 4-5k, truck should be 7-8k. What's your trailer rated for? Don't they have scales in your kneck of the woods?

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
A lot of truck stops have certified scales. I would just take your truck across one of them on the way and see what it weighs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts