Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin and her husband live in Yuma. Just seeing what is around there and what there is to do? I am heading out there late May or earlier June and thinking about bringing the bike with me to ride around out there. Can't wait to see what it's like riding four wheelers in the desert too!:thumbsup:

· Registered
949 Posts
Well you have Mexico about 10min from Yuma "good eats", Then you can go to the Dunes, that will be a blast for you the dunes are a blast. San Diego is only about a 1 1/2 or so drive. You can go fish the Colorado river, Or just sit around and watch the Jet's fly around from the Marine base. Hope this help out.

Bob.

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you have Mexico about 10min from Yuma "good eats", Then you can go to the Dunes, that will be a blast for you the dunes are a blast. San Diego is only about a 1 1/2 or so drive. You can go fish the Colorado river, Or just sit around and watch the Jet's fly around from the Marine base. Hope this help out.

Bob.

Bob,

I can't wait. I would for sure like to see the CO river and such. My cousins husband is a Marine at the base so hopefully can check that out too.

Thanks for the help!

-Chris:thumbsup:

· Registered
249 Posts
you have to hit the dunes its the best riding area there is as long as you like sand.:thumbsup:

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have to hit the dunes its the best riding area there is as long as you like sand.:thumbsup:
I rode four wheelers out there when I was about ten. I haven't been back since! I cannot wait. :drool2:

· Registered
249 Posts
Yeah aint that the truth i dont think i would go after end of march to the beginning of october. usually still 100 plus degrees there.:doh:

· Registered
584 Posts
i heard the devil use to live there but it was too hot for him so he moved down here to Tucson, now we consider tucson hell!

· 3rd Gen Guy
2,056 Posts
its going to be way way hot out in the dunes so good luck if you head out that way.. probably wont be to busy at least.. and the marine base has quite a few harriors so they will be good to watch fly around loud sons of a gun though.. mexico is close by like others said but be ready for some serious heat

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its going to be way way hot out in the dunes so good luck if you head out that way.. probably wont be to busy at least.. and the marine base has quite a few harriors so they will be good to watch fly around loud sons of a gun though.. mexico is close by like others said but be ready for some serious heat
haha yeah man I'm having second thoughts about going during the summer and maybe waiting till fall break or something in the winter to get out there?

· Banned
1,096 Posts
Yea dude... the dunes that time of year is gunna be like riding thru HELL!!!

· Registered
69 Posts
if you do end up coming in the summer, dunes are a great midnight run! 10pm or so until about 5 or 6am its a blast. if you go during the week there wont be a soul out there:drool2:

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you do end up coming in the summer, dunes are a great midnight run! 10pm or so until about 5 or 6am its a blast. if you go during the week there wont be a soul out there:drool2:
haha that's awesome! My cousin sent me pics of big bon fires out in the middle of the dunes :party018:

· Registered
584 Posts
If you do go to the dunes be very careful it is a completely different type of riding. people die in the dune almost every weekend during the dune season. My wife and I were there with her dad for 20 minutes, and it was our first time. 20 minutes after showing up my wife and I were trying to save his life. He went off a bowl that was ~65' high landed directly in the middle. The Banshee suffered minor injuries while he laid there with a brooken back, broken wrist, concusion, and multiple contusions, as well as his boss firing him for injuring himself. (shoulda been a lawsuit, but there wasn't) It also coulda been a lot worse if he was 10 feet further he would have died coliding with a hil at probably 85-90 mph 20 feet less he could have rolled out of it and been injury free, or under the bike. Take your bowls at an angle and always peak the bowls almost parallel wear a helmet its the law, and have fun (its mandatory) and try to stay away on holiday weekends the death rate usually climbs to above 5 people per weekend on holiday weekends. oh... and SOBE bombs are not legal in the dunes and neither are fireworks, so be careful with those as well and ride with a buddy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.