Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason i have a cummins is for reliabilty so i dont want to jepordize that part, but i would like more towing power

How much Boost and HP can a stock engine take

· Registered
648 Posts
yea thats what heard form alot of people, thats what im shootin for

· Registered
1,157 Posts
A really nice tow rig would be...

New Era 370's
Super HX40
Piston Lift Pump
4" Exhaust
Clutch, or Tranny Build
Gauges

That would make a little over 300rwhp, and you could tow anything you would ever need.

· Registered
648 Posts
hahaha beside the injector being new eras thats what im doin

· Registered
1,157 Posts
New Era injectors are for us cheap people. :hehe:

I actually swapped 2nd gen injector tips (370) and put them on my 1st Gen bodies. thats the real cheap way to do it. :thumbsup:

What injectors did you go with?

· Registered
648 Posts
well im still in the deciding stage im stuck between coaltrains (375.00) or farmboy diesel(380.00) im stuck in the middle. got an opinon on them companys?

· Registered
648 Posts
yea i thought they were pretty cheap to i think coaltrains are going to be it but who knows things change.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I think Coaltrain might be a vendor on this site.

You may want to PM an administrator, and see if they are. If they are, you could send them a PM asking for more specifics about their injectors.

Or just buy 'em. Thats what most of us do. :hehe:

· Registered
648 Posts
yea ive asked them about them befor i did alot of homework on injectors im deffently goin with 370s and i think coaltrains are what im going to do.

· Registered
981 Posts
This is what I have been told or found out through searching threads... maybe people will argue with some of my numbers.

The Stock A518 is good to around 225 whp, if you replace the TC with something decent, add another 75 whp.

The stock H1C is good to about 250-300 whp, the GDS compressor upgrade is good to about 320 whp for towing, more in a truck that doesn't tow.

The stock lift pump (if it's healthy) is good to around 225 whp

The low pressure piston lift pump is good to about 350 whp.

The high pressure piston lift pump (the one on the P7100 trucks) is good to around 450 whp

The stock injectors are good to around 375 whp (via turning up the pump)

Hope this helps you out.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When i get injectors im going with coaltrains. it looks like i need to change to a piston pump

· Registered
1,157 Posts
This is what I have been told or found out through searching threads... maybe people will argue with some of my numbers.

The Stock A518 is good to around 225 whp, if you replace the TC with something decent, add another 75 whp.

The stock H1C is good to about 250-300 whp, the GDS compressor upgrade is good to about 320 whp for towing, more in a truck that doesn't tow.

The stock lift pump (if it's healthy) is good to around 225 whp

The low pressure piston lift pump is good to about 350 whp.

The high pressure piston lift pump (the one on the P7100 trucks) is good to around 450 whp

The stock injectors are good to around 375 whp (via turning up the pump)

Hope this helps you out.
The stock Non I/C injectors are good to about 375rwhp, not the I/C injectors.

I know there are people with over 400rwhp with the low pressure piston pump, and they can't pull it below 5psi.

I also don't think the GDS upgrade for the H1C is good to 320rwhp for towing.

Goerend told me with one of his converters, my tranny should be able to hold around 320-350rwhp. :thumbsup:

· Registered
206 Posts
well i got 342 hp and 753 tq and the truck weighs in at 12k and im gettin coaltrain 6x16 sticks when they get my sticks for the bodies and im lookin for around 400-450 hp all for towin and havin fun with a welding truck.i got the new era 370 in the truck now and i like them but want more

· Registered
437 Posts
Thats why im doing the air upgrades first on mine. Ported manifold, turbine housing, camshaft, ported head andall the other good stuffs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.