Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering what 15 grand into a 06 5.9 3500 will get you? Wanna do everything at once. Twin Turbo, Tranny, Fuel System Airdog, Modified CP3, 90hp injectors, ARP Head and Main Studs, Hamiltion Springs, Rods, tuning smarty ect and tbe? Can this be done with labor for around 15 grand? HP Range is wanna get 700hp???? Just wondering because this is gonna be a project and wanna get started saving. Gonna Put like 250 dollars a week away for this???? Gonna take a little bit....

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,758 Posts
You'll be around there, but the twins and tranny are gonna eat most of that 15k, and you'll be likely in the lower 600 range.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just wondering what 15 grand into a 06 5.9 3500 will get you? Wanna do everything at once. Twin Turbo, Tranny, Fuel System Airdog, Modified CP3, 90hp injectors, ARP Head and Main Studs, Hamiltion Springs, Rods, tuning smarty ect and tbe? Can this be done with labor for around 15 grand? HP Range is wanna get 700hp???? Just wondering because this is gonna be a project and wanna get started saving. Gonna Put like 250 dollars a week away for this???? Gonna take a little bit....
Is this money you dont care about blowing???....break down

Built tranny needed to with stand 700hp..... $6500+-
Twins.... $5000
airdog $550
stg 3 pump $1400-1750 or arson 3 kit... $400
Injectors 90's nozzles $500-700 pending who you go with...
425 studs can get for $400 shipped... or big boys studs 625's $900
Springs $400+-
12 valve rods ... $250
smarty $500

if you go the smaller route meaning : arson 3 kit, 425 studs price for parts only.... roughly $14,000

larger route with: stg 3 pump and 625 studs bumps up to $15,500

NOT INCLUDING LABOR... labor could cost anywhere from $1500 on up. some of these parts you could find cheaper and used but you MUST have caution when buying used parts like the injectors or stg 3 pump used... lots of dishonest people out their... I learned the hard way, Bought a used set of injector nozzles costing me a NEW MOTOR!!!

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Keep in mind if something goes wrong not only are you out the down time to fix the problem, out a truck that you just sunk 15k green backs into, you also have to pluck some more leafs off that money tree to fix it...

I speak from experience...

Joe

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have seen a post similar to this on here before. Basically a guy gave a link to a website that sold bundle packages in the same setup that you want minus the trans. I believe for the 650hp it came out to $11K and for 850hp it was $12. I'm not 100% sure on the prices I just remember I was looking at them to see what it takes to get to that level. I think the site was owned by a guy in the forums but I could be wrong. Do a search along the lines of "performance packges" or how to get "650hp". Sorry I couldn't be more help and give the link but it's worth a shot to do a search.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well to be honest I think that money would be gone in just the tranny and the twins labor included.

·
Registered
208 Posts
First what kind of tranny do you have? And what do you plan on doing with the truck? And do you need twins to hit 700? There are many streetable setups with single turbos, 90's, and cost less than 15k

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
15k would buy me 2 12valve trucks....or 1 24valve and 1 12valve. Or just another vehicle period! Had to let it off my chest :thumbsup:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have seen a post similar to this on here before. Basically a guy gave a link to a website that sold bundle packages in the same setup that you want minus the trans. I believe for the 650hp it came out to $11K and for 850hp it was $12. I'm not 100% sure on the prices I just remember I was looking at them to see what it takes to get to that level. I think the site was owned by a guy in the forums but I could be wrong. Do a search along the lines of "performance packges" or how to get "650hp". Sorry I couldn't be more help and give the link but it's worth a shot to do a search.
Doghouse Diesel Performance is the site you're looking for.

·
Registered
208 Posts
3600 DD clutch, 64/71/14 turbo, 90's, 625 studs, 110lb springs, CAI, Exhaust, stage 3 cp3, exhaust manifold, air-water intercooler, intake manifold, water/meth, airdog, gauges, smarty tnt-r, a lot less $$$ and 700+hp if u use ur water/meth.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was talking to local shop around here. I would have Josh at Jags Pro Truck do the labor. He was talking about package deals. And yes i want twins over single set up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya doghouse looks good but this truck will hopefully have no ats parts on it. Sorry I hate ATS after they dont stand behind there product, i learned that from there tranny i had in my 7.3 powerstroke.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
i dont kno man...even with the package deals ur gona be close if not over the 15K mark.

like said above a trans to hold that is gona cost ALOT! I was thinking more like $7000+

then again if u got 250$ a week lying around that u can put into savings for a build it will only take u just over a yr to save that. save a little longer and make ur budget a tad higher and u should have no problem reaching 700hp...well no problem paying for it anyway

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Stocker/s400 from wicked diesel- 2795 or s300/s400 kit is 4195
Upgraded cp3- stage 2 1295:stage 3-1695
425 studs-400~
Nozzles 5-700 like stated
Springs pushrods-5-600
Airdog 550
Gauges 500-600~
Then 6-7000 on a tranny
Smarty 500
I'm sure there is more but that's a rough outline of the big parts

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
The infamous saying:

Fast and reliable is not cheap
Reliable and cheap is not fast
Fast and cheap is not reliable.

Just something to mull over

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont kno man...even with the package deals ur gona be close if not over the 15K mark.

like said above a trans to hold that is gona cost ALOT! I was thinking more like $7000+

then again if u got 250$ a week lying around that u can put into savings for a build it will only take u just over a yr to save that. save a little longer and make ur budget a tad higher and u should have no problem reaching 700hp...well no problem paying for it anyway
Ya that was i was thinking save a little longer. Been told if you build right the first time no matter cost then hopefully wont have to fix stuff that will cost you more in the long run....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts