Thanks for answering.Of course. Here is the simple list of reasons why:
1) Up until 2007.5 less restrictive items were added to the truck, which has translated to less areas for mechanical and electrical problems
2) Space in the engine bay to work and add mods, like our fuel filter kits
4) Love the engine and exhaust sound. Not as loud as the 2nd gen but not as quiet as the new trucks.
4) Overall, they seem more reliable than a lot of the newer trucks.
1) Shameless product plug, we offer some sweet things for the 6.7 that don't work on the early 3rd gens.
2) I do find that I enjoy the bells and whistles inside the cab and the old 3rd gens are pretty basic(very functional, but basic)
I just find it very interesting when this happens. I almost sold my third gen this year, and several guys that have done it all talked me out of it. Everyone of them says they wish they had kept their third gen instead of getting something else. They all missed having a pre 6.7 truck is what I think is what it really comes down to.