Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw an extended cab truck today with the same seats and dash my friends 2000 extended cab has, but this truck did not have 4 doors like the 98 and newer trucks do. So was the newer interior available before the 4 door extended cab was?

·
Registered
154 Posts
my buddy has a 98 (a1500 gasser) it has the new interior but still has no back doors it is a early build in 98

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be seriously rare interior panels for the back in the extended cab since there is no seat belt through them for the front seats yet they aren't made for doors either.

·
Premium Member
16,205 Posts
Pretty sure the the belts on '98 and newer come out of the seats and aren't attached to the body.
The newer style cab came with all models, standard, extended and quad in '98.
'98 was the first year for quad.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure the the belts on '98 and newer come out of the seats and aren't attached to the body.
The newer style cab came with all models, standard, extended and quad in '98.
'98 was the first year for quad.
Yes that was the whole reason for the question. This was a extended cab just like my 95 and only had 2 doors. But it also had the seats with the seat belts built into the back support like the 98 and new models and it also had a passenger side airbag like the 98 and newer models. So the question is why is it an extended cab and only have 2 doors yet have the 98 and newer dash and other interior parts? If I see it again I will try to ask the owner what year it actually is. Can't imagine someone would want to go through the effort of swapping in the 98 and newer interior just to have the dash sag.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
bjorkmae, what you saw is simply a 98 ClubCab 12-valve.

Dodge sold these trucks (beginning in 98') with either the 2-door (ClubCab) or 4-door (QuadCab) entended cabs.

Rumors are they did this until 2000, for some reason.
I have only ever seen ONE 1999 24 valve with the ClubCab (2-door).

So they phased out the 2-door cabs over those 2-years but if you go looking for 98 12-valves you will see a somewhat even mixture of 2-door and 4-door trucks.

Go on Autotrader and look. You'll see plenty of both styles.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, I always thought 98 was 4 door extended cab and 2 door standard cab only. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a 98 ext cab 12 valve that just the front doors opened, I've been trying to see if you can swap that interior with the one's that were in the 94 to 97 models.

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
my mom had a 99 club cab short bed 1500 ST w/ a five speed...brought it brand new too...don't see many around though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts