Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ACDC Chapter President aka VACAY!
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting this truck shown and just out of curiosity would like to see what everyone would consider paying. I've yet to own a 12v but have had an 02,06,07.5,'12

As it sits
4x4
Auto
Bodies straight
(Stacks removed)
76,000 original miles

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy answer is whatever it's worth to you.
Hard answer depends on what the rest of it looks like. Stock? modded? The interior, paint, underside. I'm pretty cheap, if it shifts good and hasn't been abused I'd probably throw 4000 at it. But that's why I don't get them very often. Usually they want more than that, but I've also bought them for that. Just depends on your area, timing and a million other factors.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what the easy answer is. I don't overpay as much as possible (except for the '12) :hehe:... Just interested to see what one would pay.

Only mod is a small bit of pump work and wheels. Otherwise completely stock.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't seen inside the bed. No other mods except what's listed...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Your location also plays a huge factor in price. Around here in SC I've seen from 2500-10,000 as asking prices in OK to good condition. Personally, I wouldn't want to pay more than 4500 for a first gen.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumbsup:... Good deal.

10k though :shock:... Damn

·
Registered
216 Posts
10,000 easy PS... the stacks are giving me cold feet even though they've been removed. Kids???

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I would pay $0. It's got stacks. I would never, ever buy a truck with stacks. Ruin the bed for one of the worst fads ever? No thanks.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looks rust free but well used and played with. Missing trim and bumper, mismatched paint, stacks and who knows what else= 4k from me. That truck is parts or project but not trustworthy useable as is.

I gladly paid more for an un fooled with 2wd FWIW.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BrownBear, as I said in the original post, the stacks were removed (thankfully).

The bed is easily fixed with a wire feed and some bed liner.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10,000 easy PS... the stacks are giving me cold feet even though they've been removed. Kids???
A man bought it for his son and had them put in. The boy didn't like the truck (didn't know what he had) so the dad sold it to the couple I'm looking into buying it from...

Reactions: Cordless57

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, you know the history, we do not. If you like what you see, price it according to your area. Maybe check local CL.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is just a fun thread to see what others might consider paying. I'm getting what I think is a good deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have to ve looking at it, but if it's nice with less than 100,000 miles on it rust free in my area would make it a 7,500$ truck if good condition it only goes down from there I think 5000-5500 would be fair but again not looking at it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Righ on :thumbsup:...

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Every time I see things like "76,000 original miles". I always think it really means this "my speedometer quit and I didn't fix it for 10 years".

Seriously, there are 1st gens popping up every day on craigslist in every city with under 100,000 miles on them.

I have never owned a 1st gen truck that the odometer didn't go out like every few years until I finally said screw it.

If I fix mine, I can sell mine with 127,000 original miles.....and it has about 300,000. Oh, my dad's has "166,000" which his has WELL over 300,000.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Every time I see things like "76,000 original miles". I always think it really means this "my speedometer quit and I didn't fix it for 10 years".

Seriously, there are 1st gens popping up every day on craigslist in every city with under 100,000 miles on them.

I have never owned a 1st gen truck that the odometer didn't go out like every few years until I finally said screw it.

If I fix mine, I can sell mine with 127,000 original miles.....and it has about 300,000. Oh, my dad's has "166,000" which his has WELL over 300,000.
This for sure! However, I think most of us on here can tell after a close inspection as to whether things add up or not. I would like to think that anyway. There are places on a 1st gen that wear that you can't cover up.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

This is a valid point. Check out the 1992 club cab w250 manual tranny for sale on eBay right now. It's got 8x,xxx miles and people are bidding up the price, but it's a dirty truck, not clean by any stretch. The bed has a transfer tank and rust, the inside is beat up, yet the dealer is really pushing this thing as some beauty. Of course, I know that dealer and they are scummy as all get out.

·
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:agree2:. It's tough to hide wear and tear in certain areas...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts