Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ugly or not, take off fiberglass is a lot more cost effective to repair vs a full sheet metal bed side.
Some of us don't buy a truck based on how cost effective it is to repair body damage. But, I do know people who are always damaging their cars and trucks by running into things.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Yeah, there is some debate over whether these new ones truly are hemispherical.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are only three reasons why I didn't buy the Ford:
1. The Ford has UGLY DRW fenders.
2. The Ford has a small display/screen on the dash.
3. The Ford's DRW fenders are so ugly, it needs to be mentioned twice.

Other than those three items, the specifications on both trucks are identical.
I thoroughly checked out Ford's and Dodge's DRW with multiple test drives. I could have gotten a killer deal on the 2020 Ford. The rear fenders on the Ford don't bother me. I chose Dodge for the short box Mega Cab mostly. We've been so happy with all of our roominess. I have never needed an 8ft bed and I already got an auto slider hitch so I'm good. Dodge's interior and the jumbo tron screen is better as well. Ford had some nice features tho. The Ford's crew cab room is more than dodge's crew cab room. The Ford's payload and tow cap is ridiculous. I just don't want to drive a bus everyday. If Ford offered a crew cab short box, I don't think I could turn that 10 spd down. It was pretty smooth. But I felt really good about how the new 68 felt too and I like that it's tunable. Big improvement over my 07 with the 68.

·
Registered
139 Posts
AFAIK, sunroof is still a separate option. You can order a truck fully loaded without sunroof.
This is correct.

i haven't tried to ordering one. Just went to the dealerships and they order most of the higher end trims W/ sunroofs it may be part of the package.
They did that by their own choice. If you can't find a high end trim level without the roof then order exactly what you want. If you don't mind waiting a 8-12 weeks...

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
If you don't mind waiting a 8-12 weeks...
To me, the wait is a small price to pay, compared to living with something you don't want or need, for years.
It's extra ugly, I think, to have something you don't want, but still have to pay for.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To me, the wait is a small price to pay, compared to living with something you don't want or need, for years.
It's extra ugly, I think, to have something you don't want, but still have to pay for.
Agree. I've been waiting since may 6th on my order.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I had to wait 3 months for approval, then I had to wait 3 more months because of the shutdown... fml

·
Registered
295 Posts
8 or 9 speed tranny
Air ride seat
Better mirrors
Extended cab
Option to get one loaded without a sunroof
AFAIK, sunroof is still a separate option. You can order a truck fully loaded without sunroof.
i haven't tried to ordering one. Just went to the dealerships and they order most of the higher end trims W/ sunroofs it may be part of the package.
You should try. It's really nice to get what you want instead of what they think you should want.
Yup, Ordered my Limited sans sunroof. No thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Since I'm ordering my dream truck here are a few more features I'd like.
Chevy style step bumper
More & better tie-downs in the bed
Electric assist on the turbo (to get the engine on boost faster)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts