Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK just to kill some time, what all would you like to see as an option on the next ram HD truck
be it body, motor, drive train, inside or out!
I'll start with something simple things?

I personally would love to see drivers seats with adjustable arm rest, like captain chairs
and
side view mirrors that stay upright as when extended all the way out, and IN,
and can power slide in/out as needed!
I'd also love to see ram boxes like in the side/bottom rocker panels area, like some of the n OLD fords used to have.
as , is, its just wasted space that would be great to hold many things IMO, like tow chains/straps, things that get dirty and don't want to have to lift into bed!, for faster easier getting to!
or JUST can be used when you put a Cap on a truck!

so what do you think would be nice to have?

·
Registered
438 Posts
The ability to purchase options I want without being forced to order them in groups.

Let me get a HO motor AND choose which transmission I’d like.

I’d like to see a Mega Cab with a longer bed and an option for a Panoramic Sunroof like the 1500s have.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Simplicity, wherever possible. Power RH window but manual on the left side, for example.
Available heated seats and steering wheel without having to get a touch screen would top my list, though.
Better headlights would be really nice, and more power outlets instead of USB ports.
And an air suspension option for C&Cs, too.

I would gladly trade over half of my 12 (or whatever it is) cup holders for any of the above.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,024 Posts
A gelato machine. Seems to be the only thing they're missing. They will already get the panoramic sunroof, and a new tranny, and an EGR free motor (so the story goes) so, really after that when you get a fully optioned truck, a gelato machine would be nice. Or a range extended EV. 200 miles on electric with a range extended small diesel generator to work as a general use generator too would be perfect. But then it would be to much like a train that started to do that decades ago thanks to the efficiency of that combination. So I'll just have to settle for a gelato machine

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mirrors.. better mirrors. Everybody else has tall mirrors that slide in and out.. even freakin' Toyota. I thought I'd get used to them, but I'm not.

·
US ARMY Retired
811 Posts
1. A......powered WIRELESS Trailer Camera as promised in January 2019 during the big reveal of the current 4.5 gen. (not the WIRED one that came out a year later). I can swap from trailer to trailer in seconds and drive off towing again. Just one more step in hooking up a trailer.
2. I want an HD AUTO 4WD transfer case like in the RAM 1500's but an HD one....I have wanted this for the last 15-20 years (no kidding) so it can be used on any road surface, at any time, without tearing up the yard when 4WD is needed.
3. A 3500 Crew-cab, short box, dual rear wheel. OR an option to add/remove the dual rear wheels/fenders. Take them off when not needed and to put them on when needed...this would be a much more versatile Truck. (Hey you can buy a Jeep with a dual top group)
4. I want a number 3 (above) with a 50 plus gallon fuel tank.

This is 2020 not 1950....we have the technology we're already paying 80-100K for these trucks...everything mentioned above is not out of the question or too much to ask for.....ok I'll get off my soap-box now.:)

Reactions: mrbb1

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Power RH window but manual on the left side, for example.
ROFLMAO
Maybe only a RH turn signal too, cause you can stick your arm out the left window when driving.
Or R side only power mirror because you can adjust your L mirror after you crank the window down to signal a left turn!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
8-10 speed auto that isn't a POS, available manual trans as an option still and change the body style already already so those buying a new $70k pickemup truck don't have to look like they're driving a 2010 model!

But mostly a 8 sp auto. 10 speeds are too "busy."

Reactions: mrbb1

·
Registered
550 Posts
Base model, regular cab long box manual, rubber floors, uconnect delete, manual windows with a northern package consisting of factory off road emissions delete. You know, a work truck. And only available in canada, new mexico, texas, and south america. o yea and back to a 4th gen 6.7

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
ROFLMAO
Maybe only a RH turn signal too, cause you can stick your arm out the left window when driving.
Or R side only power mirror because you can adjust your L mirror after you crank the window down to signal a left turn!
Hey, hand signals are still legal, both for left and right turns and stopping.
Besides, I'm often in a minority using my turn signals in the first place.

....and change the body style already already so those buying a new $70k pickemup truck don't have to look like they're driving a 2010 model!
It'd be cheaper to include huge "Alert! This is a 2021 model." decals, and mass mailings to the entire zip code, confirming that you bought a new vehicle.
Because it is important that people know that. Really important.

·
Registered
550 Posts
"New" doesn't necessarily mean better. Right Jaguar?

Ram may prove me wrong tho

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
"New" doesn't necessarily mean better. Right Jaguar?
No, it has to be "new and improved" to be better. Which obviously is an oxymoron, since it should be one or the other, not both.
But at least the "improved" so-called Gen 4.5 brought a whole new set of problems to keep the forum going.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,024 Posts
Whats the point in fixing one problem if you don't make 5 new ones in the process. Chances are they didn't even fix the third brake light leak that's been around since 03

1 - 20 of 98 Posts