Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do to this truck??

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
give it a nice detailing/ and then the basic performance goodies for the VP trucks (CAI, exhaust, guages, FASS, smarty, and basic tranny upgrades)

then see if your happy where its at:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
This is a little $$$. But I love the 24vs but hate the vp44, so I would p-pump it and add some other performance mods, probably not much above stock power. I like to see how many miles I can get out of something with any problems.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
sell it to me for a little bit of nothing:lol3:
stacks and lift tires/wheels

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
the VP really isnt a bad pump...once you get a good lift pump behind it they usually do alright

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Airdog to protect the VP44, adrenaline for fueling, Valair clutch, add fuel...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was planning on putting a set a 5-6inch stacks on it with either the Bull hauller or the miter cut on them. Which do you think would be better??

put a 60-120 horse chip in it. It has a 5.5 inch lift on it. I just put a clutch in it so it will be a bit before I go through that process again(not easy since its a 4x4) I am also wanting to put 4.10 gears in it

I am needing new tires, I was think 19.5 inch rims??

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Do you have gauges? You wil want a set of gauges to monitor a chip, that is why I suggest an Adrenaline. This is what I will do to mine next. I would suggest keeping the 3.55's for mileage, unless you have plans to hook to a sled.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not the same truck I was lookign at stacks and saw this one, looked simalar, so I posted, so you could kind of imagine what it would look like.

I ordered the 3 gauge pillar, and a boost, a EGT, a tranny temp, and a fuel pressure.

I was thinking 4.10 because I do pull quite a bit, I aint to worried about fuel milage because my truck sucks horrible anyways(9-12 mpg)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was either going to mount it on the dash or get a single mount for the steer wheel coloum.

Which gauges would you get?? I dont now if I needed the tranny temp gauge since I have a 5 speed but what do I know???

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tranny temp gauge is not needed manly just EGT and fuel pressure is needed for mods but everbody likes to know there boost. And what are you doing that you only get 9-12 MPG's

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I know that the trans temp is not need since its a 5spd. I am one of those people who are very pictular and wants to know what everything is running at and when something getts a little high I start to wounder why. I also know that the 5spd wouldn't produce as much heat as the autos, but i still would get it. thats my $.02

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not sure why its getting such crappy gas milage.

Which would be better 19.5 or 22.5 rims?? Would I have to lift it more if I did the 22.5's??

Would you black it out or chrome it up??? I am thinkin black bumper, and grill gaurd, and black flatbed, and then chrome handles and eveything, wiht led's

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
I think that crome 22.5 rims would look good. You would probably have to raise it a little, have to ask someone that has already done that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts