Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure it has probably been answered here before but if I have my dpf delete installed do I still have to run the cj-4 oil or can I run anything, seems most places around here just carry rotella, kendall and dello which im not sure of their ratings?:popcorn:

·
Banned
706 Posts
Dont have DPF yet but I'll still run the amzoil 5w40 for ulds trucks. Had to switch from the 15w40 when i bought this one and traded my 01 24 v cummins, stupid me!:thud:

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I use WallyWorld SuperTech 15W40. With my MotorGuard bypass, I've not changed my oil in almost 42,000 miles!!!!:butt: PM me for details!!!!:thumbsup

·
Registered
182 Posts
well this is my first ctd and i bought it not too long ago and im about ready for the my first oil change whats the best to run.

·
Registered
182 Posts
well on my gasser i changed it every 3k if there's something better that you dont have to change as offten then thats cool but i have no problems changing oil as needed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The thing I want to know is should I be running 15w40 or 5w40?

should I run 15w40 in the summer and 5w40 in the winter?

If you got to mobil.com and put in an 01 cummins it tells you to use 5w40.......

I have always used rotella 15w40 but im looking at switching to synthetic...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts