Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done replacing my headgasket and doing studs so I m looking for some more fuel and air. Thinking about going with the SDX 5x.012 injectors and still trying to figure out what turbo is going to fit me best. This truck is my DD and I tow with it occasionally. I m trying to get to 450-500HP with my set-up

I ve been reading and it seems like maybe a 62/65/14 or a 64/71/14 might be a good choice.

I just don't have enough experience or knowledge to know how fast these turbos spool and what would fit me best. So what do you recommend?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im in the same boat as you wanting the same hp with same size injectors and still be able to tow with it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
63/68 would be a great choice and right smack in the middle of the two you listed. This way you get the best of both worlds. Pretty sure Jkidd or ED can get you a 63/68 with an exhaust housing to fit your needs and then some :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
63/68 would be a great choice and right smack in the middle of the two you listed. This way you get the best of both worlds. Pretty sure Jkidd or ED can get you a 63/68 with an exhaust housing to fit your needs and then some :)
Cool, I m looking for a turbo that's a bolt up. I know I might need to get a new downpipe and thats cool

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo info?? You NEED to read THIS thread man:thumbsup:.
Thanks thats really good info but I m looking for first hand experience with different turbos

62/65/12 is the best for dd.....if you want a little more on top 62/68or71/13 but the bigger the houseing and or e-wheel the harder to spool
So what kind of turbo(brand) should I be looking for that will somewhat bolt up?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Give E.D. or Forced Inductions a call and they can get you a good price on about any turbo setup you can think of.

·
Registered
154 Posts
give E.D. a call. i have an industrial and im not very happy with it. it is way better then stock but not for their prices. most off the shelf turbos would never leave E.D.'s shop due to excessive clearances. like mine. too much space between comp wheel and housing causes less effiency. but off the shelf turbos are so mass produced (most of the time) that they would rather error that way instead of the otherway and have the compressor wheel hit the housing. E.D. is a very good product and i'm gonna have them fix my silver bullet ans send it back with a friend... a big one lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts