Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a couple questions. First, I am looking to get some 150 hp injectors so what do you guys recommend that are still a reasonable price. Second, what turbo would i eventually have to get with 150 hp injectors. I dont use my truck for towing either so thats not an issue.

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
I recommend Southern Diesel Extreme injectors.
As for the turbo a 62/71/14 should treat you right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah you might as well get some 200s my buddy put some in recently and the haze while driving is not horrible. he has the stock hx35. i like my turbo size it lights quick with smarty and is good for 55psi.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ok I have a couple questions. First, I am looking to get some 150 hp injectors so what do you guys recommend that are still a reasonable price. Second, what turbo would i eventually have to get with 150 hp injectors. I dont use my truck for towing either so thats not an issue.
If your going to go 150's I would get a 62/71/14 that should put you around 500 horse with a good programer like a quad adrenaline or edge comp. Personally if you dont tow I would do a 64 with some 200-220's.

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
I would of saved the money on a smarty and bought some DDP 150's or saved a little more and got FBD's and then a 62/71/14 or 13.. HTT is my preference

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long could I run the 150s before I upgraded the turbo? I cant afford both at the same time since im in college:doh:

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
You can run them forever! But you'll need to turn the box down to control temps.

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,673 Posts
150s, a good wire tap fueling box, and a 62/71/13 or 14 turbo can get you over 500 hp.

150 and 62/71 is a great match, and will tow well too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help guys!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I did the 150s and a 62/71/14 would I be needing head studs too?

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,673 Posts
a 62/71/14 SHOULD! come wastegated at 45 psi from the manufacturer. The general concensus is you don't need studs at 45 psi or under. BUT!, we are flirting with disaster there! Better safe than sorry right.....cuz that combo WILL be able to open the wastegate with it set to 45. Now...myself and many others have done more than 45 psi from time to time on the stock bolts/headgasket......but its always gonna be a risk.

In short...do you need them? Probably not.....will you sleep better at night having studs? YES :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.