Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be getting some coaltrain 150's after we get crops in and i wanted to do a turbo at the same time the truck is my daily driver and i do pull some weight everynow and then...what you guys runnin and how do you like it...if i have to do headstuds im getting bigger valves and oringing it i dont like short cuts...thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have got a super B single and I love it. I dont tow however. With 150's and a drag comp my egts dont ever get above 1300 at WOT. And spool up... WOW! It is incredible quick. I have also heard good things about the super b special but it is a little bit larger however and spool up would be a little bit slower.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I am running an htt 64/71/14 with 200's and love it, however i think it spool to slow to tow and get to hot, i havent yet tried it. If you go with htt, a 62/71/14 would be great for towing. They have a great turbo. Never run anything else either tho.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
62/13 should do the trick for ya:thumbsup: just keep it under 45lbs of boost and you wont have to mess with the head...be sitting right around 500 ponies too:party018:

·
Registered
285 Posts
im running basically that setup: super b, big sticks, comp/smarty. I LOVE IT. insane throttle response and smoke.....wow....LOTS of it if you want it.

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a 62/14? i take it that compressor wheel and exhaust size:confused013: i was thinking about buying a work truck so i could make this one my toy i was thinking of a turbo that i could sometime down the road give a brother 2 but we will see what happens i would love not have to do head studs so then just waste gate the turbo at 40-45 pounds?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts