Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What turbo should I upgrade to?

875 12
I am going to upgrade my turbo on my 02 5.9. What system would you go with? I am looking for something with a little more power and something that spools a little quicker without building high EGTs.

Thanks,
Doug
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
959 Posts
well whats all your plans? Do you tow much and if so how heavy? Are you stayin with the sticks you got or doing anymore tuning?

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

What size of sticks do you have/ plan to go with????:confused013:

Any electronics?????:confused013:

What is the truck used for??:confused013:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
959 Posts
Ya some more info will need to be considered first, so you dont have to upgrade twice lol

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
I am going to upgrade my turbo on my 02 5.9. What system would you go with? I am looking for something with a little more power and something that spools a little quicker without building high EGTs.

Thanks,
Doug

By the looks of the sig, there are LOTs of mods you could go with before you'd need a turbo.

Winslow asks some good questions. :thumbsup:

· USAF
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave DDP 75 sticks, Edge EZ, Smarty tuner, CAI, Guages, 6spd, FASS 150 and new injection pump with the last 16 months.
I pull a 20 ft boat, and a double car hauler that mounts to the bumper. I am also looking to get a 30-38 ft toy hauler 5er.

Thanks,
Doug

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

I would say something like a BD Super B or a S300 would be a good match!:thumbsup:

A 62/65/12-14 would probably work well too, but might be a little laggier than the Super B?!?!?!?:confused013::thumbsup:

PM or call Jkidd:

(951) 377-4844

Tell him what you have and I bet he can get you a good set-up!!!:blues:

BTW-It helps if those mods are listed in the sig so you know have to repost them over and over!!!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
6,585 Posts
I gave DDP 75 sticks, Edge EZ, Smarty tuner, CAI, Guages, 6spd, FASS 150 and new injection pump with the last 16 months.
I pull a 20 ft boat, and a double car hauler that mounts to the bumper. I am also looking to get a 30-38 ft toy hauler 5er.

Thanks,
Doug
if your not going bigger, super b (57/65/14) would be a my pick of the litter :thumbsup:

with those 75's and no pump tap, are you having any egt issuse now? what are your max egt's?

i would ditch the EZ (the smarty will do timing too)

· Registered
1,368 Posts
the search feature will give you a huge ammount of info on this subject also. i would try that and read through some of those other "what turbo" threads...there is a lot of them out there.

· Registered
9,857 Posts
35/40 hybrid would work good for those mods. cheaper than a super b too...

if im right on the hx35 stock turbine specs then it would be a 60/60/12 you can always upgrade the housing to a 14 later when you want more fuel...

· Registered
648 Posts
Hang an S472 or S475 under your stocker. You will only spend slightly more or even the same cost as purchasing a 62mm charger and you will have better spool up AND more air with = more usable HP! Something that judging by the look of that camper in your avatar is important to you!:thumbsup:

· Vendor
13,007 Posts
true twins will not be much more, but a single would be just fine.

57/65/14 spools about the same or only 50rpm earlier than my 62/65/12 but the 57 will not move as much air.

If you are not doing more power than you have currently a 35/40 would also fit your needs well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.