Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a 96 dually with 4 gsk marine injectors also the nozzles on the pump are bored out and a fully built tranny. But here is the down part i have a stock turbo. wondering witch turbo i should get the truck is making about 450 hp:cbadge2::cbadge2:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hello i have a 96 dually with 4 gsk marine injectors also the nozzles on the pump are bored out and a fully built tranny. But here is the down part i have a stock turbo. wondering witch turbo i should get the truck is making about 450 hp:cbadge2::cbadge2:
#1- Lose the injectors : 155* spray angle is smoky and hot.
#2- WTF are bored out nozzles on the pump?
#3- Fully built tranny?

Wait... You want to make 450, or you are making 450...? If you ARE making 450 on a stock 35, I want to see some video and dyno sheets. No freaking way!

What are you using the truck for? That makes a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
truck is a daily driver and the injector nozzles are honed out

·
Registered
481 Posts
So you have EDM'ed injectors? The pump hasn't got any nozzles technically. So you are looking for 450hp and thats it? How built is the trans? Who's injectors? You are just driving this to work and back or whatever...? Never towing or pulling or racing? For most purposes, I would contact a turbo retailer and ask them what is going to best suit your driving, trans, plans, and won't mind guiding you to the correct choice.

PM jkidd... He is a good one to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah i might tow alittle. But the trans is built. The guy i bought it from had a pull truck and put everything from that on this truck and said it was making 450 already

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not with a stock turbo... Sorry to say. Put it on the rollers if you are sure. I bet it is WAY less than 450. Maybe 350... But that depends on the timing and a few other things. And that is a hell of a push at that even...

As I said, talk to Jacob (jkidd) about what would work best for what you are trying to do.

Also, try the search function. This is the ten millionth thread of this likes I have seen here in the past few months.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Twins would be legit

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yah i might tow alittle. But the trans is built. The guy i bought it from had a pull truck and put everything from that on this truck and said it was making 450 already
Sorry to say but your most likely around the 275-maybe 350hp range at best. but its got torque so if its your first modded diesel it will feel like more. throw a quick spool 62 on there. something like 62/65/12 or 62/68/13 and some good injectors(not marine) then you could run decent timing. with some tuning/timing, head studs, a 62, decent injectors you could be in the 450-500 range. and it'll still spool fast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allright thanks for the help i was thinking about getting a silver bullet 62 what do you think is better ats or silver bullet?

·
Registered
463 Posts
man for that kind of money, I would be talking to Chris at Engineered Diesel to see what kind of magic he could whip up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats the phone number for engineered diesel? thankyou

1 - 15 of 15 Posts