Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

What Turbo Injectors Ect

968 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  fordassassin
i have a early 04 and im wanting to put some money into it and i already have smarty with beta load and intake from AFE and a Costume intake horn. i also have a water meth injection and now my question is what is a good turbo to suppor 90 or 120 injectors and what fuel system should i go with i think airdog and will i need valve springs head studs ect ect
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
I like Wicked diesels eliminator fuel system for electric pumps. If you go with 90s you could probably get away with a 64/71/14. You will probably need some cp3 mods though. Valve springs wouldn't be a bad idea. You shouldn't need head studs for those mods.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is a 64 to big for towing and could i go with 120 with upgraded cp3 to light the turbo a little faster or will egt be too hight

2,204 Posts
120's with a single will get a little hot while towing. You can tow with a HTT 64/71/13ss. The stainless housing helps with spool-up. 90's and 62/71/13ss may be your best bet if your towing heavy though. Just depends how often you tow and how heavy you tow. What do you use the truck for. Daily driver, tow truck, race, sled pull??

· Registered
1,834 Posts
yeah i agree with smoker03 and also airdog is a good product...Love mine and havent had a problem yet!!!:headbang:

· Registered
454 Posts
120's with a single will get a little hot while towing. You can tow with a HTT 64/71/13ss. The stainless housing helps with spool-up. 90's and 62/71/13ss may be your best bet if your towing heavy though. Just depends how often you tow and how heavy you tow. What do you use the truck for. Daily driver, tow truck, race, sled pull??
x2

I would also do a cp3 mod like the Arson III if you go with 90's... anything bigger than 90's and I would recommend a stage 3 cp3.

If you tow heavy go with the 62:thumbsup:

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was going to get flux 100's and a 64 but now that you guys say 62 maybe i should go with that but i will for sure not need head studs?

· Registered
215 Posts
Is it an auto or manual? If you're not going to drag race and sled pull a 62/71 with flux 2 will be much more streetable. With yours being a 305 your egts will be a little lower without the 3rd event. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Arson III either way you go.

· Registered
753 Posts
what would be the difference in spool up between the 62/71 and the 64/71? the compressor wheel is still a 71 either way you look at it so iregardless if you turbine housing is a 62 or 64 the spool is still going to be the same becaue of the wheel. all your gaining between a 62 and 64 is top end. right?

· Registered
454 Posts
If you don't put studs in make sure you set the waste gate low enough so you don't blow your headgasket.

· Registered
4,129 Posts
A guy on here went from a 62 to a 64/71/13ss and his turbo spools up 200 rpms quicker.

I have a Early 2004 and I run Flux 3's with a 64/71/13ss and I see 50 psi at times. No head studs as of yet. But I don't get on it until the thermostat opens up. EGT's never have climbed above 1250* at WOT.

With DDP 150's, I could tap out my EGT/pyro before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.